The most amazing fresh Lobster Pasta with the delicious sweet taste of fresh tomatoes and a lemon parsley buttery sauce.
I was recently in the UK for a whole month visiting friends and family, but before I went, I scored some amazing fresh cooked lobster at my local grocery store on sale and of course had to make a delicious pasta dish with it.
Sharing it on my Instagram page, so many of you liked and commented on the post and requested the recipe. So here it is, I am just sorry it has taken so long to get it to you.
Yes, lobster might seem like a bit of an extravagant ingredient, but don’t worry both fresh crab meat or prawns will also work incredibly well in this dish. So use what is available to you and what you can afford.
This felt so naughty but was totally on plan for very little syns per serving. If you love all kinds of seafood like me, then this is a must.
A Delicious healthy version of Buttery Fresh Lobster Pasta
How do you make delicious seafood pasta like this, while not compromising on the good ingredients that make something taste good, but that also can sometimes add hefty calories to a dish?
You can still totally use those ingredients, but use far less, you will still obtain the same amazing tasting food, but not cut out on the flavour.
Don’t be tempted to try and skip ingredients here to try and save a few syns, calories or points. Really if you think about it, spread out into portions is not going to cost you much of your daily allowance.
While canned tomatoes are perfectly fine in recipes, sometimes they just do not compare to fresh. Fresh tomatoes add a beautiful natural sweetness to a dish, whereas canned tomatoes tend to be more acidic.
Use any pasta of your choice, I used tagliatelle, but spaghetti or linguine is perfect too.
Some other delicious Seafood Pasta Recipes
Love recipes like this? Then why not also check out some of these:
- HARVEST GRAIN BLEND WITH CHICKEN AND SHRIMP
- ONE POT NEW ORLEANS CAJUN PASTA
- THAI COCONUT SHRIMP NOODLE SOUP (INSTANT POT AND STOVETOP)
- SPICY SHRIMP PASTA
- CREAMY CRAB, CHILLI AND CHERRY TOMATO PASTA
- ONE POT SHRIMP PASTA
Or head on over to my Full Recipe Index with over 850 delicious Slimming World and Weight Watchers recipes all fully searchable by meal type, ingredients, syn value and smart points etc.
What to serve with this Buttery Garlic Lobster Pasta?
A little sprinkling of fresh chopped parsley and some black pepper is a must. Yes, the parsley is decorative, but it also adds flavour.
To balance out your plate too, this is perfect served up with a side salad of your choosing.
I tend to go foa simple baby green mixed salad, you can add in some other items too like shredded carrot, beets, cucumber etc if you wish, but if you want simplicity the baby greens on their own are enough.
Arugula is another great choice, as it has a unique peppery flavour.
Don’t fancy a salad? Go for some grilled or steamed veggies like asparagus or tender stem broccoli.
Kitchen Items used for this Easy Lobster Pasta:
- Measuring Scales
- Chopping Board
- Measuring spoons
- Santoku Knife
- Le Creuset Cast Iron Casserole (or use a Deep Frying Pan)
- Large Saucepan
- Measuring Cups
- Wooden Spoon
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats so that you never miss any new updates.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
See the handy Pinterest image below if you wish to pin this for late
- 300g (10.5oz) of uncooked tagliatelle (or preferred choice of pasta)
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbs of butter - 10 syns
- 1/2 tbs of fresh chopped parsley
- juice of half a lemon
- 350g (12.5oz) of fresh cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (120ml) of crushed tomatoes (or passata)
- 350g (12.5oz) of cooked lobster meat (can also use prawns or crab)
- salt and black pepper
- cooking oil spray (I use avocado)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) of reserved pasta water.
- fresh chopped parsley
- Add the butter, parsley and lemon juice to a small bowl and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Cook the pasta in boiling water accordinging to package directions, remove 1/4 cup of pasta water, set aside, then drain pasta and set aside also.
- Spray a deep frying pan over a medium high heat with cooking oil spray.
- Add the onion and fryuntil lightly golden and softened, you can add in a few tablespoons of water to prevent from sticking.
- Reduce heat to medium, Add the fresh tomatoes, crushed tomatoes and minced garlic and gently heat until the tomatoes start to soften. Bursting some with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Add in the cooked lobster, along with the lemon parsley butter (which you set aside).
- Toss until the butter melts and coats everything.
- Stir in the cooked pasta with the reserved pasta water.
- Season as needed with salt and black pepper
- Sprinkle with some more fresh chopped parsely.
This recipe is Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Slimming World - 2.5 Syns per serving
- WW Flex/Freestyle Smart Points - 6 per serving
Don't have lobster? You can substite with shrimp (prawns) or crab.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided.
Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Chosen Foods Oil Avocado Spray 140 Ml
ProCook Professional Anodised Non-Stick Saute Pan with Lid | 28cm | 4.2L | Induction Pan with Toughened Glass Lid and Contoured Heat-Resistant Cooltouch Handles
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size1 SERVING
Amount Per ServingCalories 314 Total Fat 7.3g Saturated Fat 3.6g Cholesterol 114mg Sodium 485mg Carbohydrates 35.2g Fiber 3.1g Sugar 5g Protein 25.1g
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 850 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.