Simple ingredients for a delicious and healthy Lamb and Vegetable Curry packed with flavour and perfect for your Indian Fakeaway Night
Lamb is my favourite meat to use in a Curry as the meat always stays really tender. I love to pair this curry up with the Sweet Corn Pilau Rice and some mint yogurt.
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, paleo, Whole30, Slimming World (SP) and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – syn free per serving
Original/SP – syn free per serving (serve with cauliflower rice)
- 400g/14oz of boneless lamb, all visible fat removed
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon of fresh grated ginger
- 2 courgettes/zucchini, sliced
- 2 cups of spinach
- 2 ripe tomatoes, skin removed and chopped
- 2 teaspoons of ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons of ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons of chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon of garam masala
- ½ teaspoon of fennel seeds, ground to a powder
- 4 cardamom pods
- 2 cloves
- 2 small pieces of cinnamon bark
- 1 cup (240ml) of passata
- 1 cup (240ml) of vegetable or chicken stock
- salt and black pepper
- spray oil
- Spray a frying pan over a medium high heat with spray oil.
- Add the onion, garlic, ginger, lamb, spices (apart from the garam masala) and fry until meat is lightly browned and coated in all the spices.
- Add the vegetables and tomatoes and stir to coat.
- Add the passata, stock and garam masala, bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for approx 45 mins. Until liquid reduces down and thickens and meat is tender
- Season as needed with salt and black pepper.
- Serve your choice of sides.
- I served with sweet corn pilau rice and some homemade mint yoghurt (greek yoghurt, lemon juice, fresh mint and salt and black pepper)
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx nutritional information:
Approx NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
1 serving (without rice)
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 850 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.