Lamb and Vegetable Curry
Slimming Eats Recipe
- 400g of boneless lamb, all visible fat removed
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon of fresh grated ginger
- 1 courgette, sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 2 ripe tomatoes, skin removed and chopped
- 2 teaspoons of ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons of ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons of chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon of garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon of fennel seeds, ground to a powder
- 4 cardamom pods
- 2 cloves
- 2 small pieces of cinnamon bark
- 80ml of water
- salt and black pepper
Add the onion, garlic, ginger, lamb, spices (apart from the garam masala) to a large frying pan over a medium heat and fryi until meat is lightly browned and coated in all the spices.
Add the vegetables and tomatoes and stir to coat. Add the water and garam masala, bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for approx 45 mins.
Serve topped with chopped coriander and fat free yoghurt and your choice of sides.
I served with steamed rice, but if you are on an Original day why not try it with some cauliflower rice.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx nutritional information: