This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 4 syns per serving
Green – 4 syns per serving
- 1 cup of uncooked green lentils, rinsed
- 3 cups of stock
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of fresh grated ginger
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 zucchini (courgette), finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil (4 syns)
- 2 tablespoons of green curry powder (use a regular hot curry powder if you can’t get this)
- 5 cardamom pods
- 400ml of lite coconut milk (12 syns)
- salt and black pepper
- fresh chopped coriander
- Place lentils in a saucepan, cover with stock, bring to boil and then simmer covered until all stock is almost absorbed and lentils are tender.
- Add the olive oil to a frying pan over a medium high heat, add the onion, carrot, ginger and garlic and fry until softened.
- Add the curry powder and zucchini and mix to evenly coat.
- Add the lentils, coconut milk, cardamom pods. Season with some salt and black pepper.
- Allow to simmer for approx 20 mins until curry has reduced down and thickened.
- Serve with your choice of sides.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx. nutritional information:
Approx. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
per serving (no rice)
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Click here to come and join the - Slimming Eats Facebook group
where you can ask any questions on recipes, get the links to new recipes as they get posted to the blog, daily meal ideas, support and advice.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for 500+ more recipes for you to browse through.
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.