These are delicious, kind of a cross between and eccles cake and a cinnamon roll. A lovely indulgence with a cup of tea.
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, whole30, paleo, vegetarian, Slimming World(SP) and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 1 HEb and 4.5 syns
Green – 1 HEb and 4.5 syns
Original/SP – 1 HEb and 4.5 syns
NOTE: syns may vary in certain products, so be sure to check the values of the ones you use.
- 2 healthy extra b pitta's, wraps or sandwich thins (2xHEb)
- 20g (3/4oz) of raisins (3 syns)
- ¼ cup of apple sauce (1.5 syns)
- ¼ cup of water
- ½ tsp of cinnamon
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 tsp of brown sugar (1.5 syn)
- 2 tbs of low fat cream cheese (2 syns)
- 1 tbs of icing sugar (1.5 syns)
- spray oil
- Add the raisins, apple sauce, water, juice of lemon and cinnamon to a sauce and bring to a boil.
- Add to a mini food processor or blender and blend till smooth.
- Add back to the saucepan with brown sugar and heat until it thickens.
- Preheat oven to 180c or 350f (gas mark 4)
- Layer the raisin mix on one wrap or two sandwich thin halves and sandwich together with the other halves.
- Spray both sides with spray oil and place on a baking tray.
- Bake in the oven until it goes lightly golden (this part doesn't take very long)
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Add the cream cheese, icing sugar to a bowl and adding a little bit of lemon juice at a time, whisk until you have a smooth icing.
- Drizzle this across the top of the bread.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 900 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.