Usually Caesar salads can be quite high in syns, but here I have created a delicious low syn Chicken Caesar salad which uses your Healthy Extras to keep the syns down. It is completely homemade (even the dressing), so is fresh and tastes amazing.
This recipe is Slimming World (SP) and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Original – 1 HEa, 1 HEb and 1.5 syns per serving
Extra Easy – 1 HEa, 1 HEb and 1.5 syns per serving
- 2 small chicken breasts, sliced into smaller fillets
- black pepper
- 120g (4oz) slices of whole wheat bread (cut into squares) (2xHEb’s)
- 1 romaine lettuce head, roughly chopped
- 60g (2oz) of parmesan, shavings (2xHEa’s)
- Olive oil spray
- For the Caesar Dressing
- ⅓ cup of fat free natural yoghurt
- 2 anchovies, drained (I used ones in oil)(0.5 syns)
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil(2 syns)
- tablespoon of juice from 1 fresh lemon
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
- splash of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- Preheat oven to 180c or 350f
- Spray a grill pan over a medium high heat with some olive oil spray.
- Add you chicken, season with black pepper and grill, until golden on each side.
- Set aside to cool slightly.
- Spray a baking tray with olive oil spray, add your bread, spray over the top and bake in the oven until nice and golden.
- Add all the ingredients for the dressing to a mini food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add your chicken pieces, romaine lettuce and croutons to a bowl, add the dressing and toss well.
- Divide amongst two plates and top with Parmesan shavings.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx. nutritional information:
Approx. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 850 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.