Slimming Eats Recipes
Extra Easy – 1 HEa per serving
Green – 1 HEa per serving
- 400g of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- handful of basil, finely chopped
- 160g of pasta, uncooked
- 56g of parmesan (2xHEa’s)
- spray oil
- salt and black pepper, to season
- Spray a deep frying pan over a medium high heat with some spray oil.
- Add the onion and fry until softened. Add the garlic and cherry tomatoes, season with a little salt and black pepper and fry for a approx. 5 mins.
- Add the tomato paste and a little stock, just enough to create a sauce, you don't want it too dry or too liquidy. Simmer on a low heat for approx. 15-20 mins until tomatoes have completely softened.
- In the meantime, add the pasta to a saucepan of boiling hot water and cook until al dente (reserve some of the pasta cooking liquid)
- Stir in the chopped basil to the sauce and then add in then cooked pasta and stir to completely coat all the pasta.
- Sprinkle in the parmesan cheese and add a few tablespoons of the reserved pasta water and give a gentle stir.
- Serve and Enjoy!!
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx. nutritional information (using calorie count recipe analysis)
Approx. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 850 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.