This Slimming World SP Beef Zucchini Lasagne is perfect for when you are on a SP day or want to go low on the carbs.
I’ve thrown myself into a full SP week, so decided to put together this lasagne for dinner using Zucchini slices instead of the traditional pasta. It really was delicious, the combination of the rich beef sauce, with grilled zucchini slices and velvety cheese sauce was amazing. I really didn’t miss the pasta at all in this Beef Zucchini Lasagne
With a bit of creativity it is easy to create delicious meals to help you follow an SP day or too. I actually sometimes enjoy these kind of meal more, because it always feels super healthy and you don’t have that carb bloat you sometime gets.
SP days are perfect for boosting your weight loss. I recommend having lots of variation to stop it from becoming boring and make sure you plate is at least 1/2 speed foods.
If you struggle with speed foods check out this helpful post I did on The Benefits of Speed Foods, it explains the concept and gives you some ideas on how to incorporate them into your meals.
Did you know I also have some SP Meal Plans right here on Slimming Eats, so if you struggle to come up with meal ideas, you can pick 1 or 2 days here and there from the meal plans are follow a whole week.
Want some help with sides for on a SP day – check out these SP Friendly Sides
Give this Beef Zucchini Lasagn a try and see what you think. Don’t forget this is also perfect for freezing, so if you have any leftovers or are serving for less than 4 people, tub up the other portions and add to your freezing for another day.
This recipe is Gluten Free, Paleo, Vegetarian, Slimming World (SP) and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 1 HEa and 0.5 syns per serving
Green – 1 HEa and 0.5 syns per serving (using quorn or lentils)
Original – 1 HEa and 0.5 syns per serving
SP friendly – 1 HEa and 0.5 syns per serving
Vegetarian – use quorn or lentils
Paleo – if you can tolerate dairy
- 500g of extra lean ground beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- ½ tbs of mixed herbs
- 2 cups of passata (sieved tomatoes)
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 1 cup of stock
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- salt and black pepper to season
- 3 zucchini, sliced into thin strips, lengthways
- 42g of mozzarella cheese (1 HEa), grated
- 56g of parmesan cheese (2xHEa), grated
- 1 tablespoon of tapioca powder (1.5 syns)
- 250 ml of semi skimmed milk (1 HEa)
- Spray oil
- Fresh Italian parsley, to season
- Add the beef, onion and garlic to a frying pan over a medium heat and fry until browned.
- Add the mixed herbs, passata, tomato paste, stock, balsamic vinegar and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until sauce thickens. Season as needed. Set aside
- In the meantime spray a grill pan with oil over a medium heat and grill all the zucchini strips on both side. Set those aside on some kitchen paper, just to absorb any water they release.
- Preheat oven to 180c or 200f (gas mark 4)
- Add the milk to a saucepan, mix the tapioca with a little water and stir this into the milk, and gently heat, stirring constantly, as it thickens, season with black pepper and stir in 28g of the Parmesan.
- Using an oven proof dish,add half the beef mixture and then layer with half the zucchini slices. Add the remaining beef mixture, then the remaining zucchini slices.
- Pour on top the white sauce, and spread all over with a spatula.
- Add the mozzarella, and remaining Parmesan.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 mins and then finish off under the grill, until nice and golden on top.
- Top with fresh chopped Italian parsley
- Serve with your choice of sides.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx nutritional information:
Approx NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 850 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.