Syn Free Tomato and Garlic Pasta - simple and fresh ingredients for a delicious meal in less than 3o minutes.
This is such a quick and easy meal to put together. It’s a favourite when I have nothing else prepared and the kids are hungry and I need to put together something fast. Not only is it quick to make, but it is tastes amazing. There is no better combination with pasta, than fresh tomatoes and garlic.
Seriously if you have been making your sauce for pasta with canned tomatoes, make the switch now and you will wonder why you hadn't tried it sooner.
While a nice sauce can still be made with canned tomatoes, the process of canning them gives them a slightly acidic taste. Fresh tomatoes, on the other hand, don't have that at all, when made into a sauce like in this Tomato and Garlic Pasta, they are sweet and flavoursome, especially when matched with some garlic, onion, herbs and seasoning.
I don't even bother blanching my tomatoes to remove the skin. If you invest in a handy little peeler like this Kuhn Piranha Serrated Peeler - peeling tomatoes or any other vegetable/fruit with a soft skin will be effortless.
If you have a healthy extra a spare, a little-grated parmesan is perfect over this pasta dish, but don't worry the parmesan is totally optional, this Tomato and Garlic Pasta are equally delicious without.
Looking for some more sauces to try with pasta? – Previously on Slimming Eats
- Syn Free Creamy Garlic Pasta
- Marinara Sauce
- Tomato and Basil Sauce
- Homemade Tomato Pasta Sauce
- Syn Free Roasted Tomato and Basil Sauce
- Creamy Tomato Pasta Sauce
and if that’s not enough to choose from, don’t forget my FULL RECIPE INDEX with over 500+ delicious Slimming World Recipes.
HOW CAN I ADD A ⅓ SPEED FOODS TO THESE SYN FREE TOMATO AND GARLIC PASTA?
The tomatoes and onion etc will count towards your ⅓ speed foods, but to bulk out that little bit more, you could add some chopped zucchini (courgette) or have half the pasta and spiralize some veg instead. This also pairs really well with nice mixed salad. I really love baby leaves or arugula with this pasta dish.
WHAT KITCHEN ITEMS DO I NEED TO MAKE THIS SYN FREE TOMATO AND GARLIC PASTA?
- Kitchen Scales
- Measuring Spoons
- Measuring Jug
- Chopping Board
- Santoku Knife (perfect knife for chopping veg)
- Wooden Spoon
- Deep Frying Pan
Don’t forget to subscribe to Slimming Eats to keep up to date with all new recipes.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND DON’T FORGET TO TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM AND DON’T FORGET TO FOLLOW SLIMMING EATS ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER | and YOUTUBE TO MAKE SURE YOU KEEP UP TO DATE ON ALL NEW RECIPES 🙂
- 160g of spaghetti
- 6 ripe vine or roma tomatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- little vegetable stock
- splash of red wine vinegar
- salt and black pepper
- spray oil
- freshly chopped Italian parsley or basil
- Spray a frying pan with some spray oil over a medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and fry for 3-4 mins
- Then add a little stock and continue to fry until softened and translucent.
- Add the garlic and fry for a further 2 mins.
- Add the tomatoes, a splash of red wine vinegar and a little bit of stock and simmer away, stirring every now and then until the tomatoes break down and become more sauce like.
- While the tomatoes are cooking, you can cook the spaghetti according to package instructions.
- When the sauce is ready, add the spaghetti to the sauce and toss to coat
- Season with salt and black pepper, and a sprinkle of fresh chopped Italian parsley.
- Serve with a side salad and enjoy
- Optional: If you have a HEA spare, you can top with some grated parmesan, or a little synned vegan cheese if vegan.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only.
Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. Also, double-check syn values of synned ingredients as different brands can vary.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 334Total Fat 2.1gSaturated Fat 0.3gSodium 90.9mgCarbohydrates 69.1gFiber 4.9gSugar 4gProtein 11.5g