This recipe is gluten free, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 2.5 syns per serving
Pork Loins with a Mustard and Apple Sauce on Bubble and Squeak Mash
For the mash
- 500g of white potato, peeled and cubed
- ½ a small savoy cabbage, shredded
- chicken stock
For the Pork and Sauce
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 crisp apple (I used a pink lady), cut into wedges (3.5 syns)
- 3 pork loins
- 1 tablespoon of wholegrain mustard (1.5 syns)
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup, or 2 tsp of brown sugar (2 syns)
- 1 cup/240ml of chicken stock (warm)
- 3 tablespoons of quark or fat free fromage frais (take out from fridge well in advance)
- spray oil
- Black Pepper
- fresh chopped Italian parsley
For the mash
- Add the potato and cabbage to a large saucepan, cover with chicken stock. Bring to the boil and reduce heat and leave to simmer while you cook the pork and sauce.
- Drain the water from the potato and cabbage and mash with a sprinkling of black pepper.
- Divide equally among 3 plates.
For the Pork and Sauce
- Spray a large frying pan over a medium high heat with spray oil. Fry the onion and garlic on a low heat for about 8 mins until softened and golden brown.
- Add the apple and brown sugar and stir continuously until the apple starts to go golden. Then remove the apple and onion mixture from the pan and set aside.
- Spray the pan with some more spray oil and add the pork loins and cook until they start to go golden (repeating on both sides).
- Add the about 200ml of the warm chicken stock and the mustard to the frying pan with the pork loins, leaving approx 40ml of the stock still in the jug and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and return the apple and onion mixture to the frying pan and then simmer for approx 8 mins.
- Remove the pork, apple and onion.
- Reduce the heat on pan.
- To the 40ml of reserved stock, stir in the quark or fromage frais. This will help to prevent it from splitting in the pan.
- Mix this to the sauce in the pan and whisk until you have a smooth sauce.
- Serve the sauce drizzled over the pork and mash.
This recipe is dairy free, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Slimming World - 2.5 syns per serving
- WW Green Smart Points
- WW Blue Smart Points
- WW Purple Smart Points -
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided only.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED.
Nutritional information, syn values, points etc are an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate by the ingredients you use.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Wow! When are you opening a SW restaurant then? 😉
You are definitely some sort of genius xx
Being recently new back at SW after a long hiatus, I'm still trying to get my head around things (and my books are still in transit somewhere mid-Atlantic). Am I right in thinking that the apple has syns because it's been cooked? Because normally, an apple would be free, right?
yep any fruit pureed, blended or cooked becomes syns.
Just started slimming world. I was told about your site by my sw group leader. Just tried your pork receipe and it was fantastic. my husband could not believe you could eat such great food on a diet....lol... looking forward to trying more of your lovely receipes. thank you x
Jo - Wales UK says
Wow! that looks really good - I have fallen off the wagon and am checking out you site for inspiration in the hope I can climb back on! Wish I could stay focused like you - keep up the great work slimming world should pay you! Jo xx
Oh how I wish my husband would eat cabbage...I will make this, but I'll cook the cabbage separately for me 🙂
syns are in relation to the Slimming World diet, of which more information can be found from here http://www.slimmingworld.com
Great dish. Loved it. Thank you for submitting it.
These are the kind of meals that make the SW plan worth it.
Got any more pork ideas?
I just made this tonight. It's absolutely lovely, definitley a firm favourite.
Thank you for all your lovely receipes, with all this gorgeous food I can maybe actually manage slimming world without falling off the wagon.
Shevy (Slimming Eats) says
you are welcome Jenny, so happy to hear you are enjoying the recipes. Thank you for commenting and your support.
Kim Fordham says
Once again a fabulous recipe from slimming eats . So easy to cook and so tasty, think this will become a regular midweek meal in my house.