This recipe is gluten free, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 2.5 syns per serving
For the mash
- 500g of white potato, peeled and cubed
- ½ a small savoy cabbage, shredded
- chicken stock
For the Pork and Sauce
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 crisp apple (I used a pink lady), cut into wedges (3.5 syns)
- 3 pork loins
- 1 tablespoon of wholegrain mustard (1.5 syns)
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup, or 2 tsp of brown sugar (2 syns)
- 1 cup/240ml of chicken stock (warm)
- 3 tablespoons of quark or fat free fromage frais (take out from fridge well in advance)
- spray oil
- Black Pepper
- fresh chopped Italian parsley
For the mash
- Add the potato and cabbage to a large saucepan, cover with chicken stock. Bring to the boil and reduce heat and leave to simmer while you cook the pork and sauce.
- Drain the water from the potato and cabbage and mash with a sprinkling of black pepper.
- Divide equally among 3 plates.
For the Pork and Sauce
- Spray a large frying pan over a medium high heat with spray oil. Fry the onion and garlic on a low heat for about 8 mins until softened and golden brown.
- Add the apple and brown sugar and stir continuously until the apple starts to go golden. Then remove the apple and onion mixture from the pan and set aside.
- Spray the pan with some more spray oil and add the pork loins and cook until they start to go golden (repeating on both sides).
- Add the about 200ml of the warm chicken stock and the mustard to the frying pan with the pork loins, leaving approx 40ml of the stock still in the jug and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and return the apple and onion mixture to the frying pan and then simmer for approx 8 mins.
- Remove the pork, apple and onion.
- Reduce the heat on pan.
- To the 40ml of reserved stock, stir in the quark or fromage frais. This will help to prevent it from splitting in the pan.
- Mix this to the sauce in the pan and whisk until you have a smooth sauce.
- Serve the sauce drizzled over the pork and mash.
This recipe is dairy free, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Slimming World - 2.5 syns per serving
- WW Green Smart Points
- WW Blue Smart Points
- WW Purple Smart Points -
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided only.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED.
Nutritional information, syn values, points etc are an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate by the ingredients you use.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 900 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.