Stuck for ideas for dinner? Impress the family with the One Pot Beef Fajita Pasta
Gotta love one pot dishes, right? Delicious meals do not need to use lots of pots and pans. I love cooking, but I hate the cleaning up afterwards, so that's were dishes like this one are perfect.
I've been meaning to make my yummy Chicken Fajita Pasta again, as it has been a long time since I made it, but then realized I hadn't take the chicken out of the freezer. I did have some beef strips that needed to be used, so you know me, I decided on a new take on the recipe, with a One Pot Beef Fajita Pasta.
This is everything you love about fajitas, lovely sweet peppers and onions, with strips of beef and a yummy spicy seasoning. Instead of serving with warmed tortillas. This dish is mixed with a pasta and a lovely silky sauce. Actually the sauce is pretty amazing.
Infact it was so good, we didn't miss the tortillas at all, which in turn means this yummy One Pot Beef Fajita Pasta is SYN FREE. Yet another reason to enjoy this dish.
You can also vary this up by swapping the beef for pork or chicken.
It does have a slight kick from the cayenne pepper, but the kids loved it. They will tolerate a little heat, so long as it isn't too spicy. I also add as little bit of Sukrin Gold ( a natural brown sugar sweetener with no aftertaste). It add's a little bit of sweetness to the heat of the cayenne which is perfect.
To keep this syn free, I use a little bit of quark along with the cheddar from healthy extra A allowance for that creaminess, but if you really do not like quark, you can substitute with a little cream cheese and syn it.
I then served with some chopped cilantro (coriander) and additional grated cheddar for sprinkling on top. You can also add a mixed salad for some additional speed foods.
Love this One Pot Beef Fajita Pasta? and want some other one pot recipes? Then check out these:
- Syn Free One Pot Shrimp Pasta
- Syn Free One Pot Creamy Zucchini Pasta
- Low Syn Instant Pot Bombay Lamb Curry
- Chana Masala
- Spicy Prawn and Vegetable Risotto
- Beef and Six Bean Chilli
- Mushroom Risotto
With many more delicious recipes to be found in my full Recipe Index
One Pot Beef Fajita Pasta, all served up - yum!!
Syn Free One Pot Beef Fajita Pasta
Yield 4 servings
This recipe is Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy - 1 HEa per serving
- WW Smart Points - 15
- 45og (1lb) or beef strips, uncooked
- 350g (12.5oz) of Penne pasta (or other pasta of choice)
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- juice of half a lime
- 2 tbs of tomato paste
- 1 tbs of cumin
- 1 tbs of paprika
- 1 tsp of of oregano
- ½ tsp of onion powder
- ½ tsp of garlic powder
- ¼ tsp of cayenne pepper
- ½ tbs of Sukrin Gold(or use other sweetener of choice)
- 4.5 cups (1.1 litres) of chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 tbs of quark
- 60g (2oz) of cheddar cheese, grated - 2 HEa's
- salt and black pepper
- spray oil
- 60g (2oz) of cheddar cheese, grated - 2 HEa's
- fresh chopped cilantro (coriander)
- Spray a deep pan over a medium high heat with spray oil
- Add the beef and brown till golden, remove and set aside
- Add the onion and a little bit of stock and fry till softened.
- Add the peppers and garlic
- Add in the lime juice, tomato paste, cumin, paprika, oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, sukrin and cayenne and mix to coat.
- Stir in the pasta and stock
- Bring to a boil and then simmer uncovered until the sauce starts to reduce down and cook the pasta (Approx 10 mins)
- When the pasta is almost cooked add back in the beef.
- Stir in the quark and 60g of cheddar and continue stirring until the cheese melts and the sauce becomes lovely and silky and coats the pasta. Season as needed with salt and black pepper.
- Serve immediately, topping each serving with a little of the additional 60g of cheddar and some chopped cilantro (coriander)
Variation: swap the beef for chicken or pork
Don't like quark? You can sub with cream cheese, but syn accordingly.
Healthy Extra A servings of cheese can vary from the UK to the USA, so adjust accordingly.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only.
Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. Also double check syn values of sinned ingredients as different brands can vary.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 15.1 g
Saturated Fat 7.7 g
Cholesterol 94.3 mg
Sodium 434 mg
Total Carbohydrates 78.3 g
Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 50.2 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.