Gluten and Dairy Free
- 1 cup of TruRoots Sprouted Bean Trio (or use brown or green lentils)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 heaped tsps of grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 2 cloves
- 4 cardamom pods
- juice of half a lemon
- fresh coriander
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- Add the sprouted beans, cardamom pods and cloves to a saucepan, and cover with the stock. Bring to a boil and then cover and simmer for approx. 30-45 mins until softened and cooked.
- Drain any remaining liquid and set the sprouted beans aside.
- Add the olive oil to a frying pan and add the onion and garlic and fry until lightly golden. Add the ginger, cumin, and stir to evenly coat.
- Add back the sprouted beans back into the pan and add the juice of half a lemon.
- Season with salt and black pepper and fry for a further few mins, just to infuse all the flavour.
- Serve topped with fresh chopped coriander.
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Below is the approx. nutritional information (using calorie count recipe analysis)
Approx. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION