Easy Cheats Poached Eggs - do you find the traditional method of poaching eggs a bit intimidating and can never seem to get a great result? Then this is the perfect fool-proof method just for you.
This easy poached egg method of frying an egg in water instead of oil, ensures the perfect poached eggs every time. No swirling of water, not using vinegar, just a simple method of cracking an egg into a frying pan of shallow water and you can enjoy poached eggs for breakfast or lunch with your favourite additions.
Different ways to Poach Eggs
There are so many suggestions out there for making poached eggs - some say to swirl the water, some say to add vinegar and no matter which recipe or technique you follow you find yourself constantly frustrated because you just can not master the perfect poached egg.
Then you see all those yummy pictures of others enjoying poached eggs for breakfast which makes you want a perfectly poached egg even more.
For example there is this recipe right here on Slimming Eats for delicious Poached Eggs Over Garlic Mushroom (the technique I use most for my poached eggs) but for those of you that still can't master them using that method then this Easy Cheats Poached Eggs is the method for you.
Some may say why not just buy an egg poacher? and you definitely can do that if you prefer, in fact there are various different products out there for helping you master a poached egg.
(As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.)
But what if you don't want any more gadgets because you just don't have the room and you have tried various methods and just can't get those perfect poached eggs?
Simple Cheats Way to Poach an Egg
Try this simple cheats poached eggs method and you will have delicious poached eggs every time.
All you have to do is fill a frying pan (non stick is best) about a ⅓ of the way with water, season with salt, bring to to a boil, then turn down heat slightly so it is not vigorously bubbling and crack in your eggs just like you would a fried egg. Then you can either add a lid to steam the top or if you don't have a lid that fits, carefully splash over the top with water, until they are cooked to your liking (approx 4 mins for a poached egg - but time will vary depending on how runny you like your yolk), then carefully remove with a spatula. It is as simple as that - Easy Cheats Poached Eggs.
So now you have perfected some poached eggs, what are you going to serve them with?
11 Tasty Ways to serve poached eggs for breakfast
1. Serving of toast, topped with baby spinach, slices of tomato and then your perfect cheats poached eggs
2. A toasted English whole wheat muffin (or whole wheat toast) topped with your perfect cheats poached eggs and a side of grilled tomatoes and sauteed mushrooms
3. A toasted English whole wheat muffin (or whole wheat toast) topped arugula or baby spinach, slices of ham and your perfect cheats poached eggs
4. A serving of toast, topped with sauteed baby spinach, perfect cheats poached eggs and a sprinkling of red chilli flakes
5. A serving of toast, topped with perfect poached eggs and a side of roasted asparagus
6. Poached Eggs with Tomatoes Slices over Pork Sausage Breakfast Patties(click for recipe)
7. Poached Eggs over Toasted Wholemeal Muffin with Avocado and Grilled Tomatoes and everything but the bagel seasoning.
8. Poached Eggs on Wholemeal English Muffins with Baby Spinach
9. Sweet Potato Hash Browns (click for recipe) with Salsa, Avocado and Poached Eggs
10. Poached Eggs on Wholemeal English Muffin with Sriracha Mushrooms (which are mushrooms sauteed in spray oil until lightly golden and then add in 1 tablespoon of sriracha sauce and ½ tablespoon of maple syrup and a little splash of water and reduce down around the mushrooms (can use less sriracha depending on spice level), sprinkle with fresh coriander or parsley.
11. Poached Eggs on Wholemeal Toast with smashed avocado and sliced cherry tomatoes halved with chilli and garlic flakes
You will notice I often served Poached with Avocado and that's because poached eggs and mashed or slices of avocado with a pinch of sea salt is like the best combination ever.
If you love some avocado and have been avoiding it believing it to be too high in calories, be sure to check out my post - Healthy Eating and Avocado it's actually not quite as high calorie as you might think for a sensible serving.
and if you want some more delicious Breakfast ideas, why not check out the Breakfast Recipes so many yummy breakfast ideas to choose from
or if you would like more recipe ideas - head on over to the FULL RECIPE INDEX where you will find over 900 delicious recipes with calories and you can search by meal type, ingredients, course, diet and more..
All recipes on Slimming Eats have estimated nutritional information for your convenience.
Come and follow me on:
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
TWITTER, TIK TOK and YOUTUBE
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats
so that you never miss any new updates.
Need some extra Support? Come and check out my Facebook Group
If you try this recipe, let us know!
Leave a comment, Rate It and
Tag us in your Photos
@SLIMMINGEATS on INSTAGRAM
- 2 large eggs
- salt and black pepper
- Fill a frying pan about ⅓ of the way up with water and place over a medium high heat
- Season water with salt
- When water is boiling hot, reduce heat to so that it lightly bubbling, crack eggs into water as you would do a fried egg.
- Either cover with a lid if you have one, so the steam cooks the top or when eggs are almost done (eggs take approx 3 mins once added to water), use spatula to flick water over the top of eggs to make sure the top is fully cooked.
- Serve with your choice of sides and Enjoy!!!
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Vegetarian - serve with vegetarian sides
- Gluten Free - ensure sides are gluten free
- Dairy Free - ensure sides are dairy free
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info bo
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 2 poached eggs
Amount Per Serving Calories 149Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 372mgSodium 733mgCarbohydrates 2gFiber 1gSugar 0gProtein 13g
Nutritional information, syn values, points etc are an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate by the ingredients you use.