This Carrot, Parsnip and Potato Hash makes a lovely change to regular potato hash and it's super yummy
Plus because it contains carrot and spring onions, you are also adding a little bit of speed to your plate.
I love to make this for serving up at breakfast with bacon, sausage, eggs etc.
Don't keep it just for breakfast time, this Carrot, Parsnip and Potato Hash would make a great side to your meal any time of day. You could even add some cheese to make a delicious cheesy version.
It is also gluten free and dairy free (if you don't add cheese) and is also paleo and whole30 friendly.
If you part cook the Carrot, Parsnip and Potato Hash, you can tub it up and refrigerate and then just add to the oven for about 10 mins, which will save you a bit of time in the mornings
The carrot, parsnip and potato hash is delicious served with these Breakfast Sausage Patties.
- 1 large potato, grated (squeeze of excess liquid)
- 1 large carrot, grated (squeeze of excess liquid)
- 1 large parsnip, grated
- 1 egg
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- salt and black pepper to season
- spray oil
- Preheat oven to 180c fan, 200c or 400f (gas mark 6)
- Add the potato, parsnip, carrot and spring onion to a bowl
- season well with salt and black pepper
- Add in the egg and mix well to combine
- Spread out on a tray lined with parchment paper
- Spray over the top with spray oil
- Place in the oven and bake for approx 30 mins, hash should be nice and golden.
- Serve with your choice of sides.
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 SERVING
Amount Per Serving Calories 155Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 47mgSodium 183mgCarbohydrates 25gFiber 4gSugar 3gProtein 4g
Nutritional information and valuesetc are an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate by the ingredients you use.