If you love carrot cake, but don't like spending all those calories, then this is the recipe for you. Grab a slice and enjoy with your favourite cuppa.
and this delicious Best Ever Carrot Cake will not disappoint. Moist fruit cake with the flavour of cinnamon with flecks of carrot and sultanas, topped in a smooth cream cheese topping.
For the frosting I use a mixture of low fat cream cheese and vanilla Greek yogurt with some icing sugar.
If you want to freeze some of this for another day, I suggest doing so without the icing, and then you can add the frosting when required.
For the Cake I use a 8inch springform pan
Once the cake is cooked. I slice into 8 equal size slices and stack two slices on top of each other with the frosting in between and on top.
Come and follow me on:
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
TWITTER, TIK TOK and YOUTUBE
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats
so that you never miss any new updates.
Need some extra Support? Come and check out my Facebook Group
If you try this recipe, let us know!
Leave a comment, Rate It and
Tag us in your Photos
@SLIMMINGEATS on INSTAGRAM
- 125g (4.5oz) of rolled Oats
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- ¼ cup (4 tablespoons) of granulated sweetener (I use erythritol)
- 1 small carrot, grated and squeezed of excess moisture
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 30g (1 oz) of sultanas
- 6 tablespoons of fat free vanilla Greek yoghurt
- 2 large eggs
for the icing:
- 3 tablespoons of fat free vanilla Greek yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons of low fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon of icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 160c fan, 180c or 350f (gas mark 4)
- Place the oats in a blender and pulse till fine.
- Add the baking powder, cinnamon, sultanas and mix to combine.
- Add in the grated carrot.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and granulated sweetener
- Add the lemon juice and yoghurt and whisk till combined.
- Add this into the oat mixture and stir till all combined.
- Pour into a greased 8inch springform pan.
- Bake in the oven for approx 1 hour (a skewer entered into the centre should come out clean).
- Allow to cool and then cut the cake into 8 equal slices
- Add the yoghurt, icing sugar and cream cheese to a bowl and mix to combine.
- I recommend waiting until ready to enjoy before adding the icing, you can keep it chilled in a container in the fridge.
- When ready to enjoy, spread half the icing on 4 slices of cake, top each slice with an additional slice and then top with the remaining icing and enjoy!!
Please see below for nutritional info box and details about recipe:
- Gluten Free Friendly - use gluten free oats
- Vegetarian Friendly
- Extras: add some chopped nuts to the top of the cake
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 SERVING
Amount Per Serving Calories 210Total Fat 4.5gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 102mgSodium 378mgCarbohydrates 31gFiber 4gSugar 7gProtein 12g
Nutritional information and valuesetc are an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate by the ingredients you use.