If you haven’t tried cauliflower mash then you really should, it tastes amazing, inf act you won’t even realize it is cauliflower. For the sour cream, I use Greek yoghurt which I sour with some juice of a lemon, this keeps the dish syn free, but if you want to syn some real sour cream, then of course go ahead. This also can make a great topping for shepherds or cottage pie, I suggest adding a couple of raw eggs to the mixture if you use it for this, it will firm it up slightly above the meat filling.
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – syn free per serving
Green – syn free per serving
Original – syn free per serving
Whole30/Paleo –omit the quark (it still tastes great)
- half a medium head of cauliflower, broken into florets
- chicken or vegetable stock
- black pepper
- ¼ cup of quark
- juice of half a small lemon
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- black pepper
- Add the cauliflower to a large saucepan and half cover with stock.
- Bring to a boil and simmer until cauliflower is fork tender.
- In the meantime, add the lemon juice to the quark and season with salt, set aside, the lemon will slightly sour the quark
- Drain and add cauliflower to a food processor, pulse until it comes together and resembles mashed potatoes.
- Add to a bowl, stir in the quark, spring onion and season as needed with salt and black pepper.
- Serve and Enjoy
- NOTE: If using this as a topping for Shepherds or cottage pie, I recommend stirring in two raw eggs, it will help to firm up the mixture on top of the meat filling.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx. nutritional information:
Approx. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 900 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.