This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Green – 1 HEa, 1 HEb and 1 syn per serving
Extra Easy – 1 HEa, 1 HEb and 1 syn per serving
NOTE: syn value in cream cheese can vary, so be sure to check the one you use.
- ⅓ cup of quinoa
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 egg
- salt and black pepper to season
- 2x45g (2x1.5oz) of feta cheese, crumbled (2xHEa)
- 2 tablespoons of low fat cream cheese (2 syns)
- baby spinach leaves
- 2x60g (2x2oz) whole wheat rolls, toasted (2xHEb)
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- splash of balsamic vinegar
- spray oil
- Cook the quinoa as per the packet instructions, then place in a large mixing bowl and set aside, (ensure all liquid gets absorbed, as if it is too wet it will not bind together)
- Preheat oven to 180c or 350f (gas mark 4),
- Place the onion and red pepper in a oven dish, spray with spray oil and roast in the oven till softened
- Place the tomatoes and garlic in a separate oven dish, spray with spray oil, add the splash of balsamic vinegar and roast until softened.
- (allow approx 30 mins for the roasting of veg)
- When the peppers and onion are softened, transfer to a board and chop up into smaller pieces (or you can add to a mini food processor and do a couple of chop cycles with the chopping blade to make into smaller pieces). Add to the quinoa, along with the feta and cream cheese and mix well. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Add the egg and work together well to bind all the ingredients together and then form into two equal sized patties.
- Spray a frying pan over a medium high heat with spray oil, and add the patties to the pan. Spray over the top with more spray oil, fry until lightly golden underneath and then Carefully flip over and cook the other side, so that both sides are golden.
- Top half of the whole wheat rolls with some baby spinach and then add the burgers.
- Mix around the roasted tomatoes in the oven dish, so they go all soft and slightly mashed. Add to the top of the burgers and then add the other half of the rolls to the top.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx. nutritional information (using calorie count recipe analysis)
Approx. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Click here to come and join the - Slimming Eats Facebook group
where you can ask any questions on recipes, get the links to new recipes as they get posted to the blog, daily meal ideas, support and advice.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for 500+ more recipes for you to browse through.
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.