If you have ever made Cauliflower rice, chances are you’ve ended up with some of it scattered all over your floor, counter tops and every crevice in sight. It has a habit of getting EVERYWHERE. Well not if you make it how I give details to below. I was determined to find a way to keep it from spreading across my whole Kitchen and this works pretty well. It also tastes amazing like this, I was never one for microwaving the stuff, as it leave a not so pleasant stench through the room.
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Whole30, Paleo, Vegetarian, Slimming World (SP) and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – syn free per serving
Green – syn free per serving
Original – syn free per serving
SP friendly – syn free per serving
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- salt and black pepper
- Spray oil
- Preheat oven to 180c or 350f (gas mark 4)
- Line a large oven proof tray with some parchment paper.
- Place the cauliflower on the tray and break up into smaller florets, the idea, is any small pieces that fall off when doing this, will remain on the tray.
- Place a few florets at a time, in a blender or food processor and pulse the blade a couple of times, until it resembles grains of rice, dump that onto the tray, before continuing with the next batch, until all cauliflower is riced.
- Spread out over the tray in a thin even layer and season well with salt and black pepper.
- Spray over the top with some oil, place in oven and bake for approx 30 mins, it will just start to of browned on the edges and have a lovely roasted flavour.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx nutritional information:
Approx NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 900 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.