In the summer a frappucino from starbucks is my weakness, so I was determined to come up with my own low synned version that I can enjoy at home. This was lovely and refreshing. I love coffee, but when it is hot, sometimes you just need a cold drink. This can easily be varied too with different flavourings, the basics to get the flavour and iced coffee will be the same.
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian, Slimming World (SP) and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 1/2 HEa and 1.5 syns per serving
Green – 1/2 HEa and 1.5 syns per serving
Original – 1/2 HEa and 1.5 syns per serving
- Coffee of choice (I recommend not using instant)
- ½ cup (120ml) of 2% milk (1/2 HEa) (you can use a dairy free milk alternative)
- optional: sweetener of choice
- light aerosol cream (1.5 syns)
- Brew coffee of choice to double strength. I like to use a caramel flavoured ground coffee for this,
- Using a tall glass, fill it with ice. Add this to a blender with milk and blend till you have a milky slush.
- When coffee is brewed, fill about a ⅓ of the glass with the coffee, add sweetener of choice if using.
- Then pour in the milky slush to almost the top of the glass and carefully mix, so that the coffee mixes into the slush
- Top with some light aerosol cream and enjoy!!
- Lovely and freshing on a hot summer's day.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx. nutritional information:
Approx. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 850 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.