Lentil, Wheat Berry and Vegetable Curry
Slimming Eats Recipe
Green – 1 syn per serving
Extra Easy – 1 syn per serving
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon of fresh grated ginger
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 courgette chopped
- 1 sweet potato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon of chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- 2 teaspoons of coriander
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground fennel seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 4 green cardamom pods
- 1 cup (240ml) of red lentils
- 1 cup (240ml) of wheat berries
- 7 cups (1.68 litres) of vegetable stock
- salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil (6 syns)” if you prefer you can use Frylight or Pam, but I think frying the vegetables in the olive oil gives a better flavour.
Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium high heat. Add the onion, garlic, ginger, carrot, pepper and courgette and fry for approx 5 mins until softened.
Add the chilli, cumin, coriander, turmeric, fennel, nutmeg and tomato paste and mix well to evenly coat all the vegetables.
Stir in the lentils, wheat berries and sweet potato.
Pour in the stock
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for approx 40 mins, until lentils and wheat berries have softened and most of the stock is absorbed. Season with some salt and black pepper as needed.
Serve with your choice of sides.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx nutritional information:
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.