Pizza is not just for Dinner – Try my Breakfast Hash Brown Pizza
I can’t quite remember how this first came about.
I think I had grated some potato to make some hash to go with my eggs for breakfast, but then shaping the potato into patties on the tray, I thought hey why don’t I just make one big hash brown that I can put everything on top off, which then of course popped the idea into my head for a pizza base and well as it was for breakfast – It just had to be a Breakfast Hash Brown Pizza.
For my toppings I added scrambled egg, ham, little bit of cheddar and spring onion served with a side of balsamic tomatoes (minus the spinach) and some slices of orange.
You could vary this Breakfast Hash Brown Pizza with so many other toppings though too. Add some chopped tomatoes, spinach and then crack an egg over the top, a little bit of cheese and cook in the oven. Or add sausage or bacon instead of ham.
Also if you are a sandwich at lunch time kind of person, this will free up your HEb for later. I often find having a good source of protein and veggies at breakfast, makes me have a much better day all round, as it keeps you well satiated for longer.
This of course is also gluten free and can be dairy free and paleo friendly if you omit the cheese.
What yummy toppings will you add to your Breakfast Hash Brown Pizza?
Want to make some of these up to freeze? follow the full process of preparation and bake for half the time suggested and then freeze, you can then just take out and bake from frozen as and went you want this delicious Breakfast Hash Brown Pizza.
Check out these other Hash Brown Recipes
Extra Easy - 2 syns per serving
Green/Vegetarian - 2 syns per serving (omit ham)
WW Smart Points - 11
Dairy Free, Paleo, Whole30 - omit dairy
Want to make this syn free? count the cheddar as part of your HEa
- 250g/9oz potato (floury varieties are best)
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 1 slice of ham, chopped
- 10g of cheddar - 2 syns
- salt and pepper
- Spray oil
- Balsamic Tomatoes
- Peel potatoes (cut in half if large)
- Add to a saucepan and just cover with water.
- Bring to a bubbling boil, then take off heat, and leave in the hot water for 5 mins
- Run under a cold tap to cool down.
- Preheat oven to 200c or 400f
- Grate the potato, and season with salt
- Place on a clean kitchen towel and blot just to remove any excess moisture.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper
- Add the grated potato and flatten into a round and press down firmly to get the potato to form together.
- Spray over the top with spray oil
- Place in the oven and bake for approx 30-40 mins until nice and golden.
- When hash brown base is almost cooked.
- Add eggs to a frying pan spray with spray oil and cook till scrambled (undercook slightly, as they will finish off in the oven).
- Spread the scrambled egg over the hash brown base
- Top with chopped ham, sliced spring onion and the cheddar
- Place back in the oven for approx 5 mins until cheese is just melted.
- Season with salt and black pepper
- Serve with a side of Balsamic Tomatoes - I omitted the spinach this time
Variation 1: Add bacon or sausage instead of ham
Variation 2: top with chopped tomatoes, spinach and then crack an egg over the top and bake till cooked.
Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Click here to come and join the - Slimming Eats Facebook group
where you can ask any questions on recipes, get the links to new recipes as they get posted to the blog, daily meal ideas, support and advice.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for 500+ more recipes for you to browse through.
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.