This black pepper chicken and balsamic roasted vegetables is such a delicious combination, great served with mashed potatoes or my “sour cream” and spring onion cauliflower mash for a SP day.
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – syn free per serving
Original – syn free per serving
- 4 chicken thighs (skinned, boneless and all fat removed)
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 courgette, halved lengthways and sliced
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- black pepper
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- Olive oil spray
- freshly chopped Italian parsley
- Preheat oven to 200c of 400f (gas mark 6)
- Place vegetables in a oven proof dish, season with salt and black pepper and spray over the top with some olive oil spray and add the balsamic vinegar and toss to coat, place in the oven and bake for about 45 mins, till softened
- For the chicken, season with salt and then season well with some black pepper, add red pepper flakes if using and place on a baking tray lined with parchment and spray over the top with olive oil spray. Bake for approx 30 mins, until lightly golden on top and cooked through, you can add them into oven with the vegetables after approx 15 mins. Once ready sprinkle with freshly chopped Italian parsley
- Serve with the roasted vegetables and your choice of sides
- Side serving suggestion: "sour cream" and spring onion cauliflower mash
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx. nutritional information:
Approx. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
1 serving (chicken and roasted vegetables)
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Click here to come and join the - Slimming Eats Facebook group
where you can ask any questions on recipes, get the links to new recipes as they get posted to the blog, daily meal ideas, support and advice.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for 500+ more recipes for you to browse through.
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.