Sweet Chilli Chicken - a quick simple meal ready in 30 minutes
Whenever we go to Costco, I always grab a tray of chicken drumsticks. They are pretty cheap and because the met is on the bone, the meat stays lovely a moist and really absorbs whatever flavour you add to it.
Of course the skin should always be removed to make it syn free on Slimming World and the easiest way I have found to do this, is by gripping the skin from the fattest end with some kitchen paper (make it less slippy) and pulling off the skin in one quick movement.
For sides for these Sweet Chilli Drumsticks they are great with rice, noodles or syn free chips and stir fried vegetables or if you are doing a SP day try serving with my roasted cauliflower rice or one of these SP friendly sides.
Don't like chicken drumsticks? Then try this Sweet Chilli Chicken with chicken thighs or breast or even pork.
or if you want to try some other great recipes using chicken drumsticks, check out these Slimming Eats Chicken Drumstick recipes
A perfect recipe for that the whole family will enjoy!!
- 9 chicken drumsticks (skin and fat removed)
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce (tamari or coconut aminos)
- 3 tablespoons of sweet chilli sauce (5 syns)
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- Spring onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 220c of 425f (gas mark 7)
- In a bowl combine the soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce,tomato paste and garlic, whisk to combine
- Place the chicken drumsticks in oven proof dish and pour over the mixture. Make sure well coated
- Bake in oven for approx 30 mins, until chicken is cooked through. Take out half way through cooking time to baste with sauce.
- Serve topped with the spring onions
- Serve with your choice of sides.
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy - 2 syns per serving
- Original/SP - 2 syns per serving
- WW Smart Points - 7
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Nutrition InformationYield 3 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 407Cholesterol 23.1mgSodium 1405mgCarbohydrates 11gFiber 0.4gSugar 7.9gProtein 63.2g