Two of my favourite things Pineapple and Coconut combined to make this delicious Pina Colada Overnight Oats.
Oh how I love a Pina colada cocktail, but do you know how many calories are in one of those delightful drinks? - approx 250 calories, that is over 12 syns - YIKES!!
It isn't really surprising though, as they taste sooo good.
and so when thinking of different combinations for overnight oats, which I have been loving lately, I just had to come up with a Pina Colada version.
I already gave you this amazing Pina Colada Baked Oatmeal, so why not overnight oats?
Overnight oats are perfect for when you are rushed for time, as you can make it up the night before and it's just a quick grab and go in the morning.
Hey don't just keep these for breakfast though, if you save your healthy extra b choice they make a really good dessert too.
Fresh Pineapple is sooo lovely. But it can be hard to pick a juicy ripe one.
A few tips I have picked along the way is to smell the bottom of the pineapple, if it smells fragrant like pineapple, that is good sign that it is ripe, you also want to make sure that it has a nice golden colour and is not too green and doesn't feel squishy, as that could be a sign it is overripe and the last thing you want is to cut into that lovely pineapple to find it has spoilt. Also you can gently tug at the leaves, if it comes away easy, that can also be a good sign of a ripe pineapple. I use these methods when picking a pineapple and so far so good. So give it a try next time you buy a pineapple and see if it works for you.
For the coconut flavour I use coconut extract and unsweetened shredded coconut, you can use a syn free coconut flavoured yoghurt instead if you can get some.
All that is left to decide is whether to enjoy this for breakfast or dessert.
Low Syn Pina Colada Overnight Oats
Yield 1 serving
This recipe is gluten free, vegetarian, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy - 1 HEb and 1.5 syns
- Green/Vegetarian - 1 HEb and 1.5 syns
- Original - 1 HEb and 1.5 syns
- WW Smart Points - 7
- Gluten Free - use gluten free oats
- 40g (1.5 oz) of oats - HEb
- ½ cup (120ml) of fat free vanilla or coconut yoghurt (not Greek)
- 3 tbs of cashew or almond milk - 0.5 syns
- 100g of chopped fresh pineapple
- ½ tbs of sukrin: 1 or other sweetener of choice (optional)
- ½ tsp of coconut extract (only use if using vanilla yoghurt)
- 1 tbs of unsweetened shredded coconut - 1 syn
- Add to a bowl the yoghurt, cashew milk, oats, ½ of the pineapple, sukrin: 1 and coconut extract and mix well to combine.
- Spoon into a glass.
- Top with the remaining pineapple
- Sprinkle with the shredded coconut
- Refrigerate until ready to enjoy
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only.
Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 6.1 g
Saturated Fat 2.1 g
Sodium 94 mg
Total Carbohydrates 44.3 g
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
Sugars 16.6 g
Protein 9.2 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.