Delicious Marinated Mouth-Watering Steak perfect served with Roasted Butternut Squash Rice
I really fancied a steak yesterday, so when I went to the local produce grocery store for my fruit and vegetables for the week. I picked up a nice cut of new york strip steak and trimmed all the visible fat.
To marinate steak you can use all kinds of yummy seasoning really, pick things that compliment what you are serving it with. I was serving with this yummy Roasted Butternut Squash rice. Butternut squash is a yummy speed food too, so is a great way of combining speed foods into your meal and this rice pairs so well with a variety of dishes.
Choosing the seasoning for this steak, I went for some soy sauce, ginger, garlic, paprika, cayenne, and black pepper. You don't need to marinade overnight, but of course the longer you marinade the more flavour the steak will take in.
When it comes to cooking the steak, I use my Staub Cast Iron Skillet. Cast Iron gets lovely and hot and retains the heat, so you get a nice sear on your steak. Depending on the thickness of your steak and how you like it cooked (I like mine a little pink), cooking time will vary, I generally do about 4-5 mins per side if it's a thick cut and that seems plenty.
As well as the marinade of seasoning I also made a little glaze to drizzle over at the end, using the flavours in the pan. So yummy and finished off this dish perfect.
Pair this along with any vegetables of your choice, but sauteed peppers and onion are definitely my favourites. Kind of has that fajita feel to it, don't you think?
Looking for some other recipes for steak? Try some of these:
- Syn Free Ginger and Garlic Marinated Steak
- Philly Cheese Steak Toast Cups
- Steak with Creamy Mushroom Peppercorn Sauce
- Fillet Steak with Creamy Garlic Mushrooms and Courgette Wild Rice Pilaf
- Rosemary Garlic Steak with a Roasted Butternut Squash Feta Cheese Salad
or head on over to my FULL RECIPE INDEX with over 850+ Slimming World Recipes all fully searchable by meal type, ingredients, syn value etc
How can I add a ⅓ speed foods ot this Marinated Mouth Watering Steak?
Pair this yummy Marinated Mouth Watering Steak with any vegetables of your choosing, as mentioned earlier I love this with sauteed peppers and onions, but it really goes well with all kinds of yummy vegetables and if you make the Roasted Butternut Squash Rice too, there is also the speed foods in that.
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats to keep up to date on all new recipes.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
- 400g/7oz of New York Strip (or similar cut of steak), visible fat trimmed
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp of fresh grated ginger root
- 1 tbs of soy sauce
- 1 tsp of paprika
- pinch of cayenne
- pinch of black pepper
- for the glaze:
- ⅓ cup (80ml) of beef or chicken stock
- 1 tbs of maple syrup
- 1 tbs of balsamic vinegar
- Add the steak to a dish with the garlic, ginger, soy sauce, paprika, cayenne and black pepper and turn to coat in all the mix. Cover and marinade for at least 1 hour.
- Spray a skillet/frying pan over a medium high heat with some cooking oil spray.
- Add the steak and brown on each side for approx 4-5 minutes depending on how well you like your steak cooked.
- Remove from pan and allow to rest for a few minutes
- Add in the stock, balsamic vinegar and maple syrup and heat to reduce down so it resembles a glaze.
- Slice the steak, serve with your choice of sides and drizzle with the glaze.
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, paleo, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy - 1 syn per serving
- WW Smart Points - 5
- Gluten Free - use a gluten free soy sauce
- Paleo - use coconut aminos
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 222Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 2.4gCholesterol 57mgSodium 645mgCarbohydrates 9gFiber 0.1gSugar 6.1gProtein 31.4g