Juicy Jelly Pots - fruity jelly pots topped with a lighter yoghurt topping and white chocolate chips for a perfect treat
Fruity Jelly Cups
We all love some jelly, right? or Jell-O as they call it this side of the Atlantic. At least most of us like it anyway, kinds of brings you back to your childhood right? and you can never be too old for some jelly, at least that's what I always say anyway. Bonus points because my kids love it too, so that's a good enough excuse to make some. It makes a great low syn or low point treat.
The best way to make it even more of a treat is to add some fruit into the jelly mix and you can use fruit to compliment the flavour of jelly you are using.
For example, I use Cherry flavoured Jelly, so added in some defrosted frozen berried to the jelly mix. Either frozen or fresh works perfectly.
Certain fruit though you need to be careful with as the jelly won't set if you add in fresh fruit like pineapple. So berries is always the perfect option.
A lighter alternative to cream
We all love jelly with cream right? But the light aerosol stuff seems to evaporate into nothing if you are not enjoying right away and when I make these Juicy Jelly Pots, I like to make them all up in advance, so I can just grab and go when I want one.
A great delicious healthier alternative to some cream is plain yoghurt sweetened with your favourite option to sweeten. I stick to honey or maple syrup and then add a little of your favourite flavour extract. Lemon or vanilla is perfect.
Of course, is you want cream too, you can always add some to the top just before you dig in and enjoy, it's entirely up to you.
Toppings for Juicy Jelly Pots
As well as the yoghurt topping, these just have to have a final little treat to finish these off and what better than a few white chocolate chips.
But if you don't like white chocolate, here are some other options for your topping:
- Milk or Dark Chocolate Chips
- Crumbled Meringue
- Crumbled Biscuit
Share some of your favourites in the comments section below:
More Dessert Recipes
Love delicious easy dessert recipes like this? Check out these other recipes:
- HEALTHIER DUTCH BABY WITH BERRIES AND YOGHURT
- FUNFETTI BIRTHDAY CAKE MUG CAKE
- MICROWAVE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
- HEALTHY APPLE SULTANA OAT BITES
- FRUIT PIZZA
- CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
- CHEESECAKE DIP WITH APPLE NACHOS
or head on over to my Full Recipe Index with over 900 delicious Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly recipes all fully searchable by meal type, ingredients, syn value and smart points etc
This recipe was originally created on the 3 March 2010 and updated on the 20 May 2020
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats so that you never miss any new updates.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
See the handy Pinterest image below if you wish to pin this for later 😊
- 1 box of cherry sugar free Jell-o (Jelly) - or use a similar flavour
- 1 cup of frozen mixed berries (defrosted) - or can use fresh
- 1 cup (250g) of fat-free plain yoghurt
- 2 tbs of honey or maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla or lemon extract
- 20g of white chocolate chips
- Make up the jelly as per packet instructions.
- Pour equally into four equal-sized glasses.
- Then add equal amounts of defrosted frozen berries into each glass and place in the fridge for the jelly to set.
- Once the jelly has set. Add the yoghurt to a bowl and stir in the honey and extract.
- Add some white chocolate chips to the top of each juicy jelly pot and enjoy!!
- These will last about 2-3 days in fridge when covered.
This recipe is Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Slimming World - 3.5 per serving
- WW Green Smart Points - 5 per serving
- WW Blue Smart Points - 4 per serving
- WW Purple Smart Points - 4 per serving
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED.
Nutritional information, syn values, points etc are an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate by the ingredients you use.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 114Total Fat 1.4gSaturated Fat 0.9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 4mgSodium 96mgCarbohydrates 28gFiber 0.8gSugar 18.5gProtein 4.5g