Create this delicious and flavoursome Chicken and Cauliflower Curry in your own home for the perfect Indian Fakeaway Meal.
Curries are one of my absolute favourite dishes to make and for the reason, you will find a huge variety of them here on Slimming Eats.
This Chicken and Cauliflower Curry are one I make quite often. I love all the unique blend of spices used in this and it comes packed with delicious speed foods, which help make sure you get some of that ⅓ speed foods on your plate.
Some of the spices might be items you don't have on hand in your cupboard or pantry, but they keep for a long time and trust me when I say that once you make this, you will definitely want to make it again and again, so you don't have to worry about stocking up on items you are never going to use.
When I first started cooking for myself many years ago, my spice collection, was pretty non-existent. Now, however, I have an entire drawer stacked with jars of various spices for all kinds of different cuisine.
Even the blandest of food can be turned into something incredible if you have some good spices, herbs or seasonings to flavour your food with.
If you are just getting adventurous with cooking, don't go crazy buying loads of spices all at once, because you may find some are items you are never going to really use.
Look at recipes you like the look of, and gradually start building up your collection, buying 1 or 2 new spices a week. It's much easier on the budget too.
Also don't be afraid to buy certain spices in bulk, from places like Amazon or speciality food stores for Indian or Chinese food etc. They tend to be so much cheaper than at the grocery store and are not those little tiny jars, that don't last very long at all.
Some of my most often used spices and the ones I tend to go through the quickest are cumin, coriander, paprika, turmeric and chilli powder. I never ever buy a small little jar of those spices.
As well as stove top, This Chicken and Cauliflower Curry can also be cooked in a pressure cooker. I have Instant Pot which is my favourite kitchen gadget at the moment.
It is basically a 7in1 cooker, and it slow cooks, pressure cooks, saute’s, has settings for soup, chilli, rice, porridge and even makes yoghurt (I haven’t tried that yet).
HOW CAN I ADD A ⅓ SPEED FOODS TO THIS RECIPE?
There is already plenty of vegetables in the Chicken and Cauliflower Curry, but if you want to really up the speed foods, Another option is to replace the usual rice, with this delicious Roasted Cauliflower Rice.
WHAT KITCHEN ITEMS DO I NEED TO MAKE THIS CHICKEN AND CAULIFLOWER CURRY?
- Kitchen Scales
- Measuring Spoons
- Measuring Jug
- Chopping Board
- Santoku Knife (perfect knife for chopping veg)
- Wooden Spoon
- Deep Saucepan, Instant Pot or slow cooker
Come and follow me on:
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
TWITTER, TIK TOK and YOUTUBE
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats
so that you never miss any new updates.
Need some extra Support? Come and check out my Facebook Group
If you try this recipe, let us know!
Leave a Comment, Rate It and Tag us in your
Photos @SLIMMINGEATS on INSTAGRAM
- 500g (17.5oz)of boneless chicken thighs (skinned and all fat removed)
- 600g (21oz) of cauliflower, broke into florets
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 small zucchini (courgette), finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon of fresh grated ginger
- 2 large fresh tomatoes, skinned and deseeded, then roughly chopped
- 2 level tablespoons of tomato paste
- 480 (2 cups) of chicken stock
- 6 cardamom pods
- 4 cloves
- 1 tsp of cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- 2 teaspoons of coriander
- 2 teaspoons of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of garam masala
- 1 teaspoon of Kashmiri chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon of all spice
- spray oil
- Salt and Black Pepper
- fresh coriander to serve
- Spray a large saucepan over a medium-high heat with spray oil, fry the onion, carrots, garlic and ginger with the cumin seeds until softened.
- Add all the spices, zucchini, tomatoes and tomato paste and stir to evenly coat all the vegetables until you have a kind of paste-like mixture.
- Add the stock and place in the chicken thigh meat, bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for approx 45mins
- Add the cauliflower halfway through cooking time, you don’t want to overcook it so that it all falls to pieces, I like to have chunks of cauliflower in the curry.
- Season with salt and pepper as needed and serve with some chopped coriander
- Set instant pot to saute mode, once hot, spray with spray oil and fry the onion, carrots, garlic and ginger with the cumin seeds until softened.
- Add all the spices, tomatoes and tomato paste and stir to evenly coat all the vegetables until you have a kind of paste-like mixture.
- Add the stock and place in the chicken thigh meat and cauliflower.
- Add lid, close valve and set to 8 mins manual high pressure.
- Allow the pressure to release naturally.
- To thicken sauce, set to saute mode and simmer for a few minutes to reduce down.
- If you prefer follow the first few steps on the stove and then transfer all ingredients to the slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours.
Please see below for recipe values:
This recipe is gluten free friendly
- Slimming World - syn free per serving
- WW Personal Points - 3+ per serving (add ingredients to your WW diary for points value - as this may vary depending on your personal points zero foods)
- Gluten Free - use gluten free stock and spices
Note: for a more authentic taste swap the olive oil spray for one tablespoon of ghee
SUITABLE FOR FREEZING
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED.
Nutritional information, Slimming World syn values and WW points etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
Slimming Eats is in no way connected, affiliated or endorsed by Slimming World or Weight Watchers. We recommend that you consult with a Slimming World or WW Consultant to verify accuracy of values at a group meeting or through an online subscription to those plans.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 213Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 1.2gCholesterol 93mgSodium 436mgCarbohydrates 19.4gFiber 6.4gSugar 6.6g