My kids love egg and cheese and I am always trying to come up with handy little things to put in their lunch boxes, so they don’t have the same boring ole sandwiches every day.
I had an idea in my head or these for a while, but was determined to make them Slimming World friendly and it totally worked.
My entire family cleared their plates, while muttering all kinds of deliciousness and then demanded I make more, I take that as a good sign.
These have also given me some ideas for some other variations - so watch this space!!
Great served with my Balsamic Tomatoes and Spinach to add some speed foods to your breakfast
- 4 regular slices of whole wheat bread, crusts removed (2xHEb's)
- 60g/2oz Cheddar (2xHEa)
- 2 slices of ham, sliced in half
- 3 egg
- Salt and black pepper
- Spray oil
- Preheat oven to 200c, 400f (gas mark 6)
- Whisk eggs and season with salt and black pepper.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium high heat, spray with spray oil and add the eggs, cook till scrambled (but don't over cook, as they will cook more in the oven)
- Remove crusts from each slice of bread, so that each slices weighs no more than 30g/1oz
- Roll each slice of bread flat with a rolling pin
- Place bread on a baking tray lined with parchment and roll flat
- On each slice of bread, add a ¼ of the cheese
- Add a half slice of ham and then top with a ¼ of the scrambled eggs.
- Then grabbing each corner of the bread, fold it into the centre and pinch together like a parcel, securing with a cocktail stick.
- Spray over the top with spray oil and bake in the oven for 20 mins until lightly golden and bread is crisp.
Extra Easy – 1 HEa and 1 HEb per serving
Vegetarian/Green - 1 HEa and 1 HEb per serving (omit ham)
Original- 1 HEa and 1 HEb per serving
WW Smart Points - 9
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.