My kids love egg and cheese and I am always trying to come up with handy little things to put in their lunch boxes, so they don’t have the same boring ole sandwiches every day.
I had an idea in my head or these for a while, but was determined to make them Slimming Eats friendly and it totally worked.
My entire family cleared their plates, while muttering all kinds of deliciousness and then demanded I make more, I take that as a good sign.
These have also given me some ideas for some other variations - so watch this space!!
Great served with my Balsamic Tomatoes and Spinach
- 120g (4oz) of whole wheat bread or low calorie bread of choice
- 60g (2oz) Cheddar
- 2 slices of ham, sliced in half
- 3 large eggs
- Salt and black pepper
- low calorie spray
- Preheat oven to 200c, 400f (gas mark 6)
- Whisk eggs and season with salt and black pepper.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium high heat, spray with spray oil and add the eggs, cook till scrambled (but don't over cook, as they will cook more in the oven)
- Remove crusts from each slice of bread
- Roll each slice of bread flat with a rolling pin
- Place bread on a baking tray lined with parchment and roll flat
- On each slice of bread, add a ¼ of the cheese
- Add a half slice of ham and then top with a ¼ of the scrambled eggs.
- Then grabbing each corner of the bread, fold it into the centre and pinch together like a parcel, securing with a cocktail stick.
- Spray over the top with spray oil and bake in the oven for 20 mins until lightly golden and bread is crisp.
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1 SERVING
Amount Per Serving Calories 356Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 322mgSodium 1332mgCarbohydrates 28gFiber 4gSugar 4gProtein 32g
Nutritional information and valuesetc are an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate by the ingredients you use.