Delicious soft yolk baked eggs in ham cups served with tangy delicious balsamic tomatoes
This is a great dish to serve for breakfast or lunch. The baked egg and ham is delicious just as it is with the balsamic tomatoes or for an extra filling meal include the crispy baked toasts.
The crispy baked bread toasts are great for dipping or scooping up the soft egg yolk or delicious tomatoes.
Come and follow me on:
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
TWITTER, TIK TOK and YOUTUBE
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats
so that you never miss any new updates.
Need some extra Support? Come and check out my Facebook Group
If you try this recipe, let us know!
Leave a comment, Rate It and
Tag us in your Photos
@SLIMMINGEATS on INSTAGRAM
for the baked ham and egg:
- 2 large eggs
- 4 thin slices of lean ham
- salt and black pepper
for the balsamic tomatoes:
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon of tomato paste
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups of fresh spinach
- salt and black pepper
for the crispy toast:
- 4 slices of whole wheat bread
- low calorie spray
- For the baked ham and egg:
- Preheat oven to 160c fan, 180c or 350f (gas mark 4)
- Get two ramekin dishes and add twice slices of ham to each one, pushing it down so that it acts like a kind of cup.
- Crack an egg into each dish, place the ramekins in a baking dish filled with a little bit off water
- Baked in the oven till egg is cooked to your liking (approx 15-20 mins)
- For the balsamic tomatoes:
- Spray a frying pan over a medium high heat with spray oil and add the onion, frying for a few mins to soften.
- Add the tomatoes and tomato paste, reduce heat a little and stir until tomatoes start to break down into a sauce.
- Add the splash of balsamic vinegar and a little bit of water. Simmer for a few more mins, and then stir in the spinach.
- For the crispy toast:
- Toast the slices of bread lightly in the toaster, you want it still a bit soft, as it will toast more in the oven.
- Cut in half diagonally and then using a bread knife, slice through each slice in between the toasted outside, so that you have very thin slices of toast.
- Spray a baking tray with some low calorie spray and place bread on the tray (soft side down) then spray over the top of the bread, place in the oven and bake until crisp. Keep an eye on them though as they brown quickly.
- Serve the toast with the baked egg and ham and balsamic tomatoes.
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1 SERVING
Amount Per Serving Calories 345Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 208mgSodium 1312mgCarbohydrates 42gFiber 8gSugar 11gProtein 25g
Nutritional information and valuesetc are an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate by the ingredients you use.