Artichoke Bacon Parmesan Crustless Quiche - you will love the flavours of the bacon and artichoke in this delicious crustless quiche. A perfect recipe for lunches and picnics.
Artichoke Bacon Parmesan Crustless Quiche
Crustless quiches are a great option for when you are trying to be healthier or watch the calories. But isn't a crustless quiche just an omelette if it doesn't have the pastry? No, not really, because an omelette is usually just eggs and your choice of filling. A crustless quiche uses other ingredients and is like the inner part of a quiche.
If you get the combination of fillings right too, you won't miss the pastry. It's a great portable lunch that you can enjoy, either or hot or cold.
Cottage Cheese for Crustless Quiche
I know that may seem like an odd choice, but trust me it works. Don't be put off if you usually don't like cottage cheese, as in this recipe the cottage cheese is blended with the eggs and parmesan, so you won't even notice it is in here.
You can use any kind of blender you like to blend up the base mixture of the quiche. An on the counter all the bells and whistles blender or a stick immersion blender, nothing fancy or expensive is needed here. You can pick up stick immersion blenders for super cheap at most big grocery, Amazon or home stores and they are a really handy tool to have.
Can I use Quark in this Crustless Quiche
Really can't bear to use cottage cheese and wondering if quark will work in this recipe? Yep feel free to make the swap, quark will work fine. I just find the final result is much better with the cottage cheese.
Other types of cheese in Crustless Quiche
In this Artichoke Bacon Parmesan Crustless Quiche, we use parmesan, it complements the flavours of the bacon and artichokes really well, but if you don't like the strong flavours of parmesan feel free to swap it out for some cheddar.
The cheese helps the final bake of the quiche though, so I don't recommend skipping the cheese out altogether. Trust me that cheese is so worth it.
Where to find Artichoke Hearts
These will be in the canned vegetable section at the most major grocery store, the main brand is Green Giant, but there are other brands out there too. Just make sure they are in water not oil, as the latter are syns or points.
If you can't find them at any grocery store, Amazon is your best bet, they have a few different brands in bulk that you can buy. Artichoke hearts have such an amazing flavour and are great on pizza, pasta dishes, soups, salads or even just as they are. So you will get plenty of use out of them
Substitutes for Artichokes
Artichoke is a hard one to substitute as it really does have it's own unique taste that is not like anything else. But if you really want to make this quiche and can't wait to source some Artichokes here are some suggestions:
Neither of those will give the same flavours as artichoke obviously, but they are a great green substitute in this recipe.
Sides for Crustless Quiche
Wondering what to serve this with? It's perfect just as it is or I like to go for a simple green salad of lettuce, cucumber and some microgreens (similar to cress).
If you don't fancy salad, serve it alongside some roasted vegetables like peppers and red onion - delicious
More Crustless Quiche Recipes
Fancy some other crustless quiche recipes? Check out these:
- ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND RED PEPPER QUICHE
- BACON LEEK AND SWEET POTATO QUICHE
- HAM AND BROCCOLI QUICHE
- DAIRY FREE BACON AND VEGETABLE QUICHE
- BREAKFAST LAYERED CRUSTLESS QUICHE
or head on over to my Full Recipe Index with over 900 delicious Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly recipes all fully searchable by meal type, ingredients, syn value and smart points etc
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats so that you never miss any new updates.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
See the handy Pinterest image below if you wish to pin this for later 😊
- 300g (10.5oz) of fat-free cottage cheese
- 400g (14oz) can of artichoke hearts
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 6 slices of back bacon (fat removed), diced
- 6 eggs
- 45g (1.59oz) of Parmesan cheese
- salt and black pepper to season
- cooking oil spray
- Drain the can of artichoke hearts and add to the top of a few sheets of kitchen paper to ensure they are blotted dry. Then roughly chop and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180c/160c Fan/350f (gas mark 4)
- Heat a frying pan over a medium-high heat with some cooking oil spray add the bacon and cook until lightly golden, remove and set aside.
- Add the onion and fry for a few minutes until softened and golden.
- Add the eggs, cottage cheese and parmesan to a blender and blend until smooth (or can use a stick blender for this).
- Add the artichokes, bacon and onion to a ovenproof dish in an even layer, season with some salt and black pepper.
- Pour over the cottage cheese, egg, parmesan mixture and then place in the oven and bake until set and golden (approx 35-45 minutes)
- Slice, serve and enjoy!!!
This recipe is gluten free, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Slimming World - ½ HEa per serving (or 3.5 syns if not using HEa)
- WW Green Smart Points - 8 per serving
- WW Blue Smart Points - 4 per serving
- WW Purple Smart Points - 3 per serving
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED.
Nutritional information, syn values, points etc are an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate by the ingredients you use.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationServing Size 1 SERVING
Amount Per Serving Calories 368Total Fat 15.8gSaturated Fat 6.9gCholesterol 383mgSodium 795mgCarbohydrates 17gFiber 5.1gSugar 8.5gProtein 30.4g