This is a great breakfast with minimum effort and best of all will free up your healthy extra's for later in the day, while still being high satiety. I love serving this with either a fried, poached or scrambled eggs and a little fresh salsa. The actifry is great for dishes like this, don't be afraid to use it for other things besides fries.
Don't worry if you do not have an actifry, this can also be cooked in the oven.
You can also double or triple up this recipe and then add it to a lidded tub and place in the fridge, that way all you have to do is heat up each morning. You can heat it up in the actifry, a skillet or the oven.
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian, paleo and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
- 600g of sweet potato, peeled and diced (or use butternut squash)
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- ½ red pepper, diced
- ½ green pepper, diced
- 1 cup of mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cups of of fresh spinach or kale
- 2 chicken sausages
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- Add the sweet potato the the actifry, sprinkle with the paprika and spray with spray oil.
- Set it going and leave for 15 mins to partially cook.
- After 15 mins, add in the onion, peppers, mushrooms and sausage and leave it going for another 10-15 mins.
- Add the spinach and turn back on, just so the paddle turns a few times and the spinach is mix through.
- Season as needed with salt and black pepper.
- Serve as is or with egg cooked as your prefer (great with poached, fried or scrambled) and I also like to serve with some fresh salsa for a delicious filling, high satiety breakfast.
- Don't have an actifry?
- Cook this in the oven at 200c/400f for approx 40 mins.
- Add the sweet potato, onion, seasonings first, then the other ingredients half way through, stirring through the spinach or kale at the end till wilted.
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1 SERVING
Amount Per Serving Calories 496Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 69mgSodium 650mgCarbohydrates 79gFiber 15gSugar 26gProtein 29g
Nutritional information and valuesetc are an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate by the ingredients you use.