I love a big spoonful of this relish with my eggs in the morning, or with sausage, bacon. It is also great with burgers and variety of different grilled meats. For variation you can also add some chilli to spice it up.
This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, paleo, vegetarian, Slimming World (SP) and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 2 syns for entire jar
Original – 2 syns for entire jar
- 4 large vine tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp of grated fresh ginger
- ½ tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tablepoon of maple syrup (2 syns)
- spray oil
- salt and black pepper
- Optional: add some chilli ifor a spicy alternative
- Spray a saucepan over a medium high heat with some spray oil
- Add the onion, ginger and garlic and fry till softened.
- Add the chopped tomato, maple syrup, balsamic vinegar and cinnamon, reduce heat and simmer until the tomatoes break down (approx 20-30mins)
- Season as needed with salt and black pepper.
- Store in a lidded jar in the fridge
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx. nutritional information:
Approx. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Click here to come and join the - Slimming Eats Facebook group
where you can ask any questions on recipes, get the links to new recipes as they get posted to the blog, daily meal ideas, support and advice.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for 500+ more recipes for you to browse through.
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.