I was looking at what I had on hand and spotted the 1 cup of risotto rice leftover in my jar and thought hmmmm I wonder if I can make some kind of patties with it. I wasn’t sure if they would hold together well but they did and the best thing of all is that they are yummy eaten warm or cold.
You can eat these as they are or serve with a salad, they would also work well as a meatless/vegetarian burger.
This recipe is gluten free, vegetarian, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 1 HEa for 4 patties
Green – 1 HEa for 4 patties
- 1 zucchini (courgette), grated and drained of excess liquid
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- pinch of black pepper and sea salt
- 1 cup (240ml) of uncooked arborio rice
- 1 tsp of fire roasted tomato flakes (if you cant get this use red pepper flakes or similar)
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1 heaped tablespoon of tomato paste
- 3 cups of chicken stock
- 56g of parmesan (2 HEa's)
- low calorie spray
- Spray a deep frying pan over a medium heat with low calorie spray, add the onion and garlic and fry to soften.
- Add the carrot and zucchini and fry for a further 2 mins.
- Place the stock in a saucepan over a low heat to keep warm.
- Stir in the vegetables in the frying pan, the Arborio rice, fire roasted tomato flakes, paprika, a pinch of salt and black pepper and the tomato paste and stir to evenly coat.
- Start adding your stock a ladle at a time, stirring constantly, once that stock is almost absorbed, add some more and repeat until rice is cooked (it should still have a slight bite to it), you also do not want the risotto to be too liquidy.
- Transfer to a bowl and allow to cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 200c or 400f
- Line a tray with baking parchment.
- Then stir in the parmesan to the risotto mix and form into 8 equal size patties (I used a round large cookie cutter, to form them, by placing it on the tray and spoonin some of the mixture into it and then flatten it down with back of a spoon)
- Then bake in the oven till lightly golden and slightly firm for approx. 20-30 mins, flipping over half way.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx. nutritional information (using calorie count recipe analysis)
Approx. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Click here to come and join the - Slimming Eats Facebook group
where you can ask any questions on recipes, get the links to new recipes as they get posted to the blog, daily meal ideas, support and advice.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for 500+ more recipes for you to browse through.
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.