Paprika Chicken and Butternut Squash Linguine
Slimming Eats Recipes
Extra Easy – 1 HEa and 0.5 syns per serving
- 3 chicken thighs (all visible fat removed), sliced into strips
- 300g of chopped butternut squash
- 4 baby bella mushrooms sliced
- 1 onion, halved and sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic crushed
- 200g of linguine pasta
- 1 egg, leave it to reach room temperature, don’t use it straight from the fridge
- 90g of parmesan cheese (half grated and half in shavings) (3xHEa’s)
- 1 tsp of brown sugar (1 syn)
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 cup (120ml) of chicken stock
- Frylight of Pam spray
- Fresh parsley
Preheat the oven to 200c or 400f (gas mark 6). Add the butternut squash to a ovenproof dish, spray with Frylight or Pam spray and add 1 tsp of paprika and sugar and mix to coat.
Place in the oven and roast until slightly softened and lightly golden. Approx 20 mins. Set aside.
Cook the linguine to al dente and drain.
Spray a frying pan with Frylight or Pam, add the chicken, onion and garlic, with the remaining paprika and black pepper and cook until tender and slightly golden.
Add the mushrooms and garlic and stock to the pan and cook until the stock reduces.
In the meantime add your egg to a bowl and add half the parmesan cheese (grated) and spoon into the mix a couple of spoons of the stock. Whisk all together.
Add the butternut squash to the pan.
Stir in the linguine and then turn off the heat.
Add your egg mixture and stir to evenly coat
Top with some fresh chopped Parsley and the parmesan shavings and serve with a side salad.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx nutritional information: