This rice dish is great as a side or on it’s own. I absolutely love Edamame beans at the moment and the best part of all, is that they are packed full of health boosting nutrients and a good source of protein.
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 1 syn per serving
Green – 1 syn per serving
- 1 cup (240ml) of long grain rice
- 2 cups (480ml) of chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot
- 1 red pepper
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 cup of fcooked edamame beans
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric
- 2 teaspoons of ghee (or other oil of choice) (4 syns)
- salt and black pepper to season
- some fresh coriander to serve
- Add the carrot to a mini food processor and pulse the blade till finely chopped, remove and set aside.
- Add the red pepper to the mini food processor and pulse till finely chopped. Add to the carrot.
- Add the ghee to a large deep frying pan over a medium high heat.
- Add the onion, cumin seeds and turmeric and fry till softened.
- Add the garlic and fry for a further few mins.
- Add the rice, carrot, edamame, red pepper, some salt and pepper and mix well to combine.
- Pour in the stock, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cover, allow to simmer till liquid is almost absorbed and then turn off heat, but leave the lid on for 10 mins for the steam trapped underneath to continue to cook the rice. (don't be tempted to stir rice when cooking)
- Serve topped with some fresh chopped coriander
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx. nutritional information (using calorie count recipe analysis)
Approx. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 850 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.