Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – syn free per serving
- ½ cup (120ml) of uncooked quinoa
- 170g of crab meat (fresh or canned)
- 1 cup (240ml) of fish stock (or you can use chicken or vegetable stock)
- 1 red chili, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- pinch off black pepper
- pinch of garlic salt
- 1 tsp of paprika
- little lemon zest
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- olive oil spray
- for the dip:
- 1 cup of fat free Greek yoghurt
- fresh mint, finely chopped
- juice and zest of half a lemon
- Thoroughly rinse the quinoa under a running cold tap.
- Place in a saucepan and cover with the stock. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until stock is absorbed (the quinoa grains should have what looks like a little hair on each grain). Turn off heat, but leave covered with the lid for about 10 mins, as the steam will continue to cook the quinoa.
- After 10 mins, fluff up the quinoa with a fork and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, gently combine the quinoa, with the other ingredients. (Be careful not to over mix, as you want to keep big chunks of crab meat).
- Cover with cling film and refrigerate for about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 200c or 400f (gas mark 6)
- Grease a baking sheet with olive oil spray and then form the mixture into approx 12 medium sized patties.
- Place on the baking tray and bake in the oven (approx 30mins) until lightly golden all over. (you may want to carefully flip half way through cooking).
- While baking you can mix together all the ingredients for the dip.
- Serve with a side salad and the mint dip and Enjoy!!
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx. nutritional information:
Approx. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
per 3 crab and quinoa cakes with dip
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Click here to come and join the - Slimming Eats Facebook group
where you can ask any questions on recipes, get the links to new recipes as they get posted to the blog, daily meal ideas, support and advice.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for 500+ more recipes for you to browse through.
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.