One Pot Spicy Spanish Chicken with Rice - delicious!!
One pot meals are great, you can throw everything into the one pan and that means less washing up too.
This Spicy Spanish Chicken and Rice is a favorite. Packed with flavour from paprika, peppers and tomatoes and a little bit of spice from the chilli.
and if you have any intolerances it is also gluten and dairy free.
Looking for some more rice dishes? Check out this other Rice Recipes
Come and follow me on:
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
TWITTER, TIK TOK and YOUTUBE
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats
so that you never miss any new updates.
Need some extra Support? Come and check out my Facebook Group
If you try this recipe, let us know!
Leave a comment, Rate It and
Tag us in your Photos
@SLIMMINGEATS on INSTAGRAM
- 6 boneless/skinless chicken thighs, sliced in half
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 deseeded red chilli pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 2 roasted red peppers (jarred/not in oil)
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup (240ml) of passata
- 2 cups (480ml) of chicken stock
- 1 cup (220g) of Arborio rice
- 2 teaspoons of paprika
- salt and black pepper to season
- spray oil
- Freshly chopped basil or parsley
- Add the red chilli, tomato paste and roasted red peppers to a mini food processor and blitz until you have a paste
- Spray a large deep frying pan with spray oil. Add the chicken thighs, season with salt and black pepper and fry till lightly golden. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add the onion and garlic and a little more spray oil and fry for a few mins to soften.
- Add the green bell pepper, red pepper paste, paprika and arboria rice and mix to coat.
- Return the chicken to the pan, along with the passata and chicken stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered for approx 15-20 minutes (liquid should be absorbed and chicken cooked through but tender), turn off heat, add lid and leave for 12 minutes.
- Season as needed with salt and black pepper
- Serve topped with some fresh chopped basil or parsley.
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 SERVING
Amount Per Serving Calories 343Total Fat 4.6gSaturated Fat 1.1gCholesterol 95.6mgSodium 785.3mgCarbohydrates 48.5gFiber 3.1gSugar 5gProtein 28.7g