Melty Cheesy Garlic Parmesan Fries with a yummy low syn ranch dressing.
I mean really what's not to love - syn free fries, cheesy parmesan, fresh garlic all baked in the oven and deliciously crisp. These are seriously good and they go so well with a mixed salad and this amazing low syn ranch dressing.
Whether you make these Garlic Parmesan Fries as a side, as a main course, for sharing or for not, they will become a regular rotation on your food plan once you give these a try. Packed with flavour, they take the syn free chip to a whole other level.
Take the work out of making perfectly shaped chips or fries with one of these handy Kitchencraft Potato Chippers. I've had mine for years now, and it really is super quick to chop up your potatoes. The majority of the time, I don't even bother removing the skin. Think of that fibre.
You just place in the potato, skin on or off, pull down the handle and viola instant chips, then all you have to do is cook them. Really handy for if you want to freeze up some ready made chips, that you can just place straight in the oven when you want them.
See my How to make perfect syn free chips for how to prepare them to freeze, along with a selection of different seasonings to add some amazing flavour to you chips.
The type of potatoes you use will really make the different to how lovely and golden your Garlic Parmesan Fries turn out. Here in Canada, there are two varieties I love, either Russets or Yukon Golds, the latter of which have an amazing natural buttery flavour. Yum!!
How can I add a ⅓ speed foods to these Garlic Parmesan Fries with Low Syn Ranch Dressing?
I just like to serve these with a mixed salad of baby greens and cucumber - any salad of choice will pair well with these yummy garlic parmesan fries and a drizzle of that low syn ranch dressing. However they are also great as a side, with a main of your choice and some healthy speed vegetables.
What Kitchen Items do I need to make these Garlic Parmesan Fries?
- Baking Tray
- Parchment Paper
- Kitchen Scales
- Measuring Spoons
- Mixing Bowl
- Santoku Knife or Potato Chipper
- Chopping Board
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
- 600g of potatoes, skin on, sliced into chips
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp of garlic powder
- handful of freshly chopped parsley
- ½ tsp of dried basil
- 60g (2oz) of parmesans, grated - 2xHEa's (or an Italian Style Hard Cheese)
- salt and black pepper
- cooking oil spray
- Preheat oven to 200c, 400f (gas mark 6)
- Place fries in a saucepan of boiling hot water
- Bring to a boil, turn off heat and leave in water for 4 mins.
- Drain and blot dry with some kitchen paper.
- Place in a bowl with the garlic, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, parsley, and basil, spray with a little spray oil and toss to coat.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Spread out the fries on the tray, spray over the top with spray oil.
- Place in the oven and bake for approx 30 mins until golden and crisp. (turning half way through).
- Once golden, sprinkle with the parmesan and toss to coat.
- Place back in the oven until the parmesan melts and goes crisp over the fries.
- Serve with a side mixed green salad and my Low Syn Ranch Dressing
This recipe is gluten free, vegetarian, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy - 1 HEa per serving
- Green - 1 HEa per serving
- WW Smart Points - 11 per serving
- Vegetarian - use a vegetarian friendly Italian Style Hard Cheese
syns depending on the amount of the ranch dressing you serve these with, otherwise syn free without.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 345Total Fat 9.2gSaturated Fat 5.9gCholesterol 23mgSodium 687mgCarbohydrates 48.7gFiber 7.4gSugar 2.5gProtein 17.7g