Easy Asian Ground Beef Bowl - ready in less than 30 minutes and packed with flavour, this yummy flavoursome dish will feature regularly on your meal plan.
Quick Asian Ground Beef
With some ground beef (beef mince) to use up, I wanted a dish that was super easy to make and on the table in less than 30 minutes and this Easy Asian Ground Beef Bowl ticked all the boxes.
I love Asian flavours in dishes because they usually come packed with flavour, and are made from ingredients I always have on hand in my pantry/cupboard.
As a mum of two, I am often too tired for complex recipes, so ones like this are a must on my meal rotation.
Different Ground Meats
Don't be afraid to try this Easy Asian Ground Beef Bowl with different types of ground meat (mince) - this is perfect with chicken, pork or turkey too.
and if you want to try it with some chicken or beef pieces, those will work perfectly also. You can even use a ground meat veggie replacement for a vegetarian option.
Asian Style Sauce
So what is used in that lovely sauce you see here. It's basically a combination of a few things I mixed together to add flavour such as:
- Hoisin Sauce
- Sambal Oelek
- Sesame Oil
- Tomato Paste/Puree
- Dark and Light Soy Sauce
- and lastly, some water just to loosen up all the ingredients into more of a sauce that coats all the meat.
Substitutes for Samal Oelek
From the ingredients for the sauce above the only one that you may not have in your pantry/cupboard is the sambal oelek. It's an ingredient I always have on hand as it's great for adding a spicy kick to stir-fries etc. It's actually an Indonesian sauce made from a variety of chili peppers and a few other ingredients like ginger and garlic. so you can see how it packs a good amount of flavour to a dish.
A great subsitute however if you don't have this or can't find it at your grocery store, is some sriracha sauce or just good ole fresh red chillies.
Sides for Easy Asian Ground Beef
With vegetables like peppers and onion added into the beef recipe, I don't bother with additional vegetables. Just some simple cooked Jasmine Rice is perfect.
Wondering how you cook perfect Jasmine Rice?
Simply just rinse 1 cup of jasmine rice, then add to a pan with 2 cups of water, bring to a boil,and when water is just about absorbed, turn off heat, add lid and leave for 10 minutes (do not stir or touch until then) - the result is perfect fluffy rice every time.
and if you do want extra veg, any stir fry mix is perfect - shredded veg, carrots, Chinese cabbage, beansprouts - whatever you fancy.
More ground beef (beef mince recipes)
Need inspiration for some other ground beef recipes? Check out these:
- HONEY AND GARLIC CHICKEN MEATBALLS (INSTANT POT OR SLOW COOKER)
- CRISPY POTATO TOPPED MEAT PIE (MINCED BEEF HOTPOT)
- ONE POT TACO BEEF RICE SKILLET
- COCONUT BEEF MEATBALL CURRY
- INSTANT POT CHOCOLATE CHILLI
- SLOW COOKER ITALIAN CHICKEN MEATBALLS
or head on over to my Full Recipe Index with over 900 delicious Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly recipes all fully searchable by meal type, ingredients, syn value and smart points etc
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats so that you never miss any new updates.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
See the handy Pinterest image below if you wish to pin this for later 🙂
- 425g (15oz) of extra lean ground beef
- 3 tablespoons of hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons of light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons of dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sambal oelek (can use more or less depending on your spice preference)
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- ½ tsp of ground ginger
- ½ cup (120ml) of water
- ½ small onion, diced
- ½ red pepper, diced
- ½ green pepper, diced
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- sesame seeds - optional
- cooking oil spray
- Spray a frying pan or wok over a medium high heat with some cooking oil spray.
- Add the onion and peppers and stir fry for a couple of minutes just to soften, remove and set aside.
- Add in the ground beef and fry until browned.
- Add in the hoisin, soy sauce, sesame oil, sambal, tomato paste, garlic, ginger and water and simmer until sauce reduces down and coats the beef in a sauce.
- Stir in the onion and peppers.
- Serve sprinkled with chopped spring onions, a pinch of sesame seeds (optional) and your choice of sides
This recipe is dairy free, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Slimming World - 2.5 syns per serving
- Green WW Smart Points - 5 per serving
- Blue WW Smart Points - 5 per serving
- Purple WW Smart Points - 5 per serving
NOTE: Hoisin Sauce can vary in nutritional information so double-check the syns/points in the one you use.
SUITABLE FOR FREEZING
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided.
Do not screenshot content or post recipe or content in full. All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Nutritional information, syn values, points etc are an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate by the ingredients you use.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Santoku Knife-MAD SHARK Pro Kitchen Knife 7 Inch Santoku Knife,Best Quality German High Carbon Stainless Steel Knife with Ergonomic Handle,Ultra Sharp,Best Choice for Home Kitchen and Restaurant
Huy Fong Foods Inc., Sambal Oelek, Ground Fresh Chili Paste, 8 oz (226 g)
Le Creuset Toughened Non-Stick Shallow Frying Pan, 26 cm
Nutrition InformationYield 3 Serving Size 1 SERVING
Amount Per Serving Calories 248Total Fat 7.3gSaturated Fat 2.2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 82mgSodium 659mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 2gSugar 7.8gProtein 32.1g