These are delicious, kind of a cross between and eccles cake and a cinnamon roll. A lovely indulgence with a cup of tea.
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, whole30, paleo, vegetarian, Slimming World(SP) and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 1 HEb and 4.5 syns
Green – 1 HEb and 4.5 syns
Original/SP – 1 HEb and 4.5 syns
NOTE: syns may vary in certain products, so be sure to check the values of the ones you use.
- 2 healthy extra b pitta's, wraps or sandwich thins (2xHEb)
- 20g (¾oz) of raisins (3 syns)
- ¼ cup of apple sauce (1.5 syns)
- ¼ cup of water
- ½ tsp of cinnamon
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 tsp of brown sugar (1.5 syn)
- 2 tbs of low fat cream cheese (2 syns)
- 1 tbs of icing sugar (1.5 syns)
- spray oil
- Add the raisins, apple sauce, water, juice of lemon and cinnamon to a sauce and bring to a boil.
- Add to a mini food processor or blender and blend till smooth.
- Add back to the saucepan with brown sugar and heat until it thickens.
- Preheat oven to 180c or 350f (gas mark 4)
- Layer the raisin mix on one wrap or two sandwich thin halves and sandwich together with the other halves.
- Spray both sides with spray oil and place on a baking tray.
- Bake in the oven until it goes lightly golden (this part doesn't take very long)
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Add the cream cheese, icing sugar to a bowl and adding a little bit of lemon juice at a time, whisk until you have a smooth icing.
- Drizzle this across the top of the bread.