There is nothing better than a cake to enjoy with a cuppa, and these moist delicious Blueberry Muffins are the perfect treat.
Sometimes it can be hard to make a decent cupcake or muffin, as usually, those kinds of treats combine ingredients that are packed with fats.
I'm constantly testing ratio of ingredients and combinations to bring you the best tasting Slimming recipes. To me, it's not important to just create a recipe, for me it and my family it has to pass the taste test too, otherwise, it doesn't go on the blog. So if I feel a recipe needs a few bad ingredients to make it like proper cake, then you can rest assured I will add them to bring you a delicious tasting cake, rather than a virtually no fat cake that tastes unpleasant.
Yes, we all love fat free and virtually low fat recipes, but sometimes if you want something that tastes good, especially when it comes to cake, you have to be prepared to sacrifice a few things.
I actually had to make these blueberry muffins a few times before I even got a chance to take a picture of them for the blog, mainly because I should know not to bake items close to when the kids get in from school
Are you picturing the scenario? A nice fresh tray of blueberry muffins out of the oven and the kitchen filled with that delicious aroma of cinnamon and cake!! Am I going to get those placed to photograph before little hands are grabbing them and devouring right before my eyes? Not a chance!!!
The good thing about them being devoured so quickly is that I know they tasted good. In fact, they are delicious!!
A moist muffin with juicy sweet blueberries topped with a delicious cinnamon streusel topping - all for just ? What more can one ask for?
These blueberry muffins are perfect served with a nice cup of tea or coffee and if you want a real treat, they go that little bit further with some additional fresh blueberries on the side and some yoghurt of your choice or a little light cream .
Whenever I make baked goods, I tend to use sukrin which is a natural based sweetener. It's my favourite one to use because it's the closest in taste to real sugar. It has no aftertaste like some sweeteners can have. Feel free to use another sweetener of your choice, but just be aware that the taste may differ.
I do however use regular sugar for the streusel topping. There are times when a little real sugar is needed and this is one of those times.
What Kitchen Items do I need to make these low blueberry muffins?
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
- 100g of plain all purpose flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- ¼ tsp of baking soda
- 100g of plain fat free yoghurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 6 tbs of sukrin (or another sweetener of choice)
- 80g of fresh blueberries
- 1 tsp of butter
- 1 tsp of sugar
- ¼ tsp of cinnamon
- cooking oil spray
- Preheat oven to 180c/350f (gas mark 4)
- Add the flour to a bowl, measure out 1 level tbs from the 100g and set aside for the streusel topping.
- With the remaining flour, stir in the baking powder and baking soda.
- To another bowl, add the eggs, yoghurt, sukrin and vanilla and whisk till all combined.
- Add this into flour and fold till combined, then fold in the blueberries
- Mist 6 muffin cases with cooking oil spray and spoon the batter into the cases equally.
- With the 1 tbs of reserved flour, add in the 1 tsp sugar, 1 tsp butter and ¼ tsp of cinnamon and crumble with your fingers, then sprinkle it evenly onto the top of the batter in the muffin cases.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 30-35 mins, they should be lightly golden and a skewer entered into the centre should come out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly and then enjoy!!
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1 blueberry muffin
Amount Per Serving Calories 105Total Fat 2.5gSaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 63.7mgSodium 201mgCarbohydrates 16.2gFiber 0.7gSugar 3.1gProtein 4.6g