Yes you read that right - Big Mac Fries all in one dish. This is delicious!
What is about McDonalds that draws us in? It's like a drug, we know it's bad for us, but you can't help but crave it.
Their main burger loved by all is a Big Mac - beef patties, topped with chopped onion, pickles, American cheese and that special big mac sauce. The burger alone will set you back about 520 calories, before you add any fries and drink - eeek!! that's crazy.
I know I know, you still love that Big Mac right?
Well you are going to love my Big Mac fries, everything you love about a big mac, all in one dish and it tastes amazing and it's much healthier too.
To make the fries. I used one of these awesome potato chippers to chop my potatoes (obviously you can slice them by hand too, but this just is much quicker) and use it to make my Perfect Fries - yum!!
To form the burger patties and make them nice and thin, I use an awesome little burger press. Once the burgers are formed I add them to the fridge for about an hour, just to firm them up.
Of course as their is no bread in these yummy big mac fries, they are also gluten free, so perfect for anyone on a gluten free diet. I also use real cheddar instead of processed cheese, as it tastes so much better.
- 200g (7oz) of extra lean ground beef
- salt and black pepper
- 500g (17.5oz) of russet potatoes, peeled and sliced into chips
- ½ small white onion, diced
- couple of slices of pickle, diced
- 1 cup of shredded romaine or iceberg lettuce
- 60g (2oz) of cheddar cheese
for the sauce
- 2 tablespoons of low fat mayonnaise
- 6 tablespoons (90ml) of fat free plain yoghurt
- ½ teaspoon of sweet paprika
- ¼ teaspoon of mustard powder
- ¼ teaspoon of onion powder
- couple of slices of pickle, diced
- ½ teaspoon of granulated sweetener (I use erythritol)
- Add the ground beef to a bowl and season well with salt and black pepper. Mix together.
- Form into mini burger patties using burger press of by hand.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour to firm.
- Preheat oven to 180c fan, 200c/400f (gas mark 6)
- Add the potatoes to a saucepan of water. Bring to a boil, once it starts to bubble, turn off heat and leave in water for 3 minutes.
- Drain, rinse under cold water, then pat dry between a clean towel or kitchen paper.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with cooking oil spray.
- Add the fries/chips well spaced out onto the baking sheet, add a pinch of salt sprinkled evenly over the top and then spray over the top with more cooking oil spray
- Place in the oven and bake for about 40-45 mins until golden and crispy, turning over around the 25 minutes mark.
- Season with more sea salt as needed.
- While the chips are cooking in the oven
- Spray a frying pan over a medium heat with spray oil.
- Add the mini burger patties and fry till browned. Roughly chop patties and set aside
- In a bowl add the mayo, yoghurt, paprika, mustard powder, onion powder, pickle and sweetener and whisk to combine.
- Add some shredded lettuce to two plates.
- Then once fries are ready, line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Arrange the fries into two piles on the tray.
- Scatter with the chopped up burger patties.
- Sprinkle with the chopped white onion and scatter with the cheddar.
- Place back in the oven till cheese is melted.
- Serve over the crisp lettuce and top with the chopped pickle, then drizzle with the sauce.
- Sprinkle with a few sesame seeds.
- Dig in and enjoy
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1 SERVING
Amount Per Serving Calories 493Total Fat 16.8gSaturated Fat 7.4gCholesterol 86.9mgSodium 606.0mgCarbohydrates 48.8gFiber 1.5gSugar 4.1gProtein 35.4g