These yummy vegetable fritters are great on their own or my favorite way to use them, is as a burger bun, place a syn free burger inbetween two with your choice of fillings and maybe even cheese and you have a awesome mouthwatering burger that is packed with speed foods.
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, paleo, whole30, vegetarian, Slimming World (SP) and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 1 syn per two fritters
Original – 1 syn per two fritters
Green – 1 syn per two fritters
- 1 small onion, halved and finely sliced
- 150g of broccoli slaw (or use grated broccoli stalks if you can't get this)
- 1 small zucchini, grated and squeezed of excess moisture
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of arrowroot powder, tapioca or cornstarch (3 syns)
- olive oil spray
- salt and black pepper
- freshly chopped coriander
- Spray a frying pan with some olive oil. Add the onion and broccoli slaw and fry to soften.
- Transfer this to a bowl, along with the grated carrot and zucchini.
- Season with salt and black pepper and mix in some fresh chopped coriander.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs with the arrowroot powder and pour this into the grated veg. Mix till well combined.
- Spray the frying pan with some olive oil, you want it on a medium heat, don't have it too high, as they will burn.
- (I use a pancake ring for these to get a nice even shape, but you can just spoon a desired amount onto the pan.)
- Spoon the mixture into the ring, and remove ring once set, fry until golden on one side and flip over and repeat. I cooked two fritters at a time and repeated until mixture was gone.
- These are great on their own or as a side to many dishes.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx. nutritional information (using calorie count recipe analysis)
Approx. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
per two vegetable fritters
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 850 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.