This recipe is vegetarian, Slimming World (SP) and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Green – 3.5 syns per slice
Extra Easy – 3.5 syns per slice
Original – 3.5 syns per slice
- 6 Scan Bran (6 syns)
- 3 eggs
- 50g (2oz) of pitted dates (7 syns)
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of baking powder (0.5 syns)
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup (2 syns)
- Spray oil
- for the toffee sauce:
- 2 tablespoons of golden syrup (6 syns)
- 1 tablespoon of butter (5 syns)
- 120ml (1/2 cup) of silk coconut milk (or use alternative) (2.5 syns)
- Preheat oven to 200c or 400f
- Soak the scan bran in some boiling hot water to soften, drain and mash with a fork. Mix in the baking powder.
- Soak the pitted dates for a few mins in boiling hot water to soften, then, drain, finely chop and mix with the vanilla extract. Add this to the scan bran and mix well to combine.
- Separate the yolks from the whites of the eggs, and whisk the yolks with the maple syrup, add this into the scan bran.
- Whisk the egg whites until it forms soft peaks and then fold this in, until all ingredients are combined.
- Pour into a square 8in brownie dish and bake in the oven for approx 30 mins, until a skewer entired into the centre comes out clean.
- Score your cake into 9 equal sized squares and pierce all over with a skewer.
- for the toffee sauce
- Add the butter to a small saucepan and heat until melted, then add the golden syrup and coconut milk and heat stirring continously until it goes a light caramel colour. Add in approx 3 tablespoons of water and continue to heat until it just starts to thicken.
- Pour the sauce all over the cake and serve a slice with some quark or light cream (for a few extra syns)
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx nutritional information:
Approx NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
1 serving (no cream/quark)
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Click here to come and join the - Slimming Eats Facebook group
where you can ask any questions on recipes, get the links to new recipes as they get posted to the blog, daily meal ideas, support and advice.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for 500+ more recipes for you to browse through.
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.