The Ultimate Low Syn Lasagne Pie – a firm family favourite that can be cooked in the Instant Pot or an oven.
All over Instant Pot groups, I keep seeing delicious pictures of Lasagne’s being cooked in the Instant Pot.
I just had to give it a go, especially as I had just made this yummy Syn Free Best Ever Bolognese Sauce.
I used the basics of my Yummy Beef Lasagne for the white sauce because that lasagne is just out of this world. I can’t even contemplate a lasagne with a yoghurt, egg or quark topping, for me lasagne has to have proper white sauce.
The Yummy Beef Lasagne uses your Healthy Extra A choice and a teeny amount of syns for the white sauce and you could prob call the syns pretty negligible when divided up into portions, but I like to be cautious and so have rounded it up to 0.5 syns per serving on this particular recipe.
So how do you cook this Lasagne Pie in an Instant Pot? it’s pretty easy really and all you need is an 7-inch springform pan (like this one on Amazon). I recommend a springform because it will be easier to remove once cooked and plate up to slice and it can’t be any bigger than 7inches because it won’t fit in the instant pot. But wait for it, this lasagne cooks in just 15 mins, with about 5 or so minutes under the grill just to brown that lovely cheese topping.
Wondering what an Instant Pot is? (check it out on Amazon). It’s a 7in1 cooker, and it slow cooks, pressure cooks, saute’s, has settings for soup, chilli, rice, porridge and even makes yoghurt (I haven’t tried that yet). Things that would normally take hours can be cooked in minutes. So its great for batch cooking days, when you want to get some tubs of prepared meal frozen.
For the meat sauce, I use this Syn Free Best Ever Bolognese Sauce, I haven’t included the cooking time for that in this recipe, as I am giving measurements for the meat sauce already cooked.
The Lasagne Pie looks fantastic when you finally remove it from the springform pan to serve it up. lovely depth and so delicious. My kids literally cleared their plates, both of them, while commenting on how good it tasted. When you hear your kids say that kind of thing, you know you are onto a winner, right?
How can I add a 1/3 speed foods to this Lasagne Pie?
Serve alongside a delicious mixed salad of crisp lettuce, cucumber and tomatoes. I just served the Lasagne Pie with some salad as it’s pretty filling, but you could always do some Syn Free Chips too or take the speed foods even further with these Butternut Squash Chips.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
Low Syn Lasagne Pie (Instant Pot) | Slimming World
Yield 5 servings
This recipe is Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy - 1 HEa and 0.5 syns per serving
- WW Smart Points - 10
*suitable for freezing
- 3 cups of Bolognese Meat Sauce(< click for recipe)
- approx 8 lasagne sheets (I use oven ready)
- 1 cup/240ml of 2% milk (1 HEa)
- 1 tbs of cornstarch (0.5 syns)
- salt and black pepper
- pinch of mustard powder
- 60g of parmesan (2 x HEa's)
- 90g of mozzarella (2 x HEa's)
- Place the pasta sheets in some boiling hot water, just to soften a little so they are easier to cut to shape
- Spray a 7 inch spring form pan with spray oil
- Add 2 lasagne sheets to the bottom of the pan, cutting to fit
- Then add 1 cup of meat sauce and spread across evenly
- Add another 2 lasagne sheets
- Then another cup of meat sauce
- another 2 lasagne sheets
- more layer meat sauce
- and then top with the remain lasagne sheets
- Add the milk to a sauce pan
- mix cornstarch with a little cold water to make a slurry
- Pour this into the milk and heat gently until it thickens
- Season with salt, black pepper and a pinch of mustard powder.
- Stir in 30g/1oz of parmesan.
- Pour sauce on top of the final layer of lasagne sheets.
- Top with the remaining parmesan and mozzarella.
- Loosely cover the top with aluminium foil.
- Pour 1 cup of water into the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Add the rack and carefully lower the spring form pan on to the rack.
- Set to 15 mins manual high pressure.
- Once finished cooking, do a quick pressure release.
- Carefully lift out springform pan from the Instant Pot, remove foil and place under a grill for approx 5 mins until nice and golden on top.
- Let rest for approx 10 mins before removing from springform pan and slicing.
- Serve with your choice of sides.
Cooking time, does not include coming to pressure and meat sauce prep.
To cook in the oven - place springform pan on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 45 mins at 180c/350f until golden on top.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 14.3 g
Saturated Fat 7.5 g
Cholesterol 53 mg
Sodium 591 mg
Total Carbohydrates 34.3 g
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
Sugars 6.2 g
Protein 35.5 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 900 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.