This recipe is great when you have some leftover chilli. I like to serve this with a nice mixed salad, to up on the speed foods.
This recipe is gluten free, Vegetarian, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 1 HEa and 0.5 syns per serving (or syn free with 0% Greek yoghurt)
Green – 1 HEa and 0.5 syns per serving (or syn free with 0% Greek yoghurt)
- 1 serving of my Chilli Con Carne or for a Green day Sweet Potato, Lentil and Vegetable Chilli
- 2 large baking potatoes (I used some large yukon golds, as these have a lovely buttery flour)
- 60g of cheddar cheese
- 2 spring onions
- 2 tablespoons of fat free soured cream
- (1 syn)
- (or use 0% plain greek yoghurt)
- spray oil
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 200c or 400f (gas mark 6)
- Thoroughly wash your potatoes and then lightly pierce them with a fork.
- Spray the skin with some spray oil and rub them with some salt.
- Place on a baking tray in the oven and bake until they are slightly soft to the touch. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, cut each potato in half and carefully scoop out some of the flesh so that you have what looks like potato bowls. You don’t want to remove too much of the flesh, but also don’t remove too little or they will not crisp up for well (the potato you remove can be use in another recipe, so don’t throw it away, it is great mash or used in fish cakes etc)
- Place the potato skins back onto the baking tray (skin side down) spray with some more spray oil and place back in the oven for about 10 mins until the flesh part is a nice golden colour.
- Then remove from the oven again, fill with chilli and top with the cheese.
- Place bake in the oven and bake until cheese is melted.
- Top with the sour cream (or greek yoghurt) and some chopped spring onions.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx. nutritional information:
Approx. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 850 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.