Chicken and Cauliflower Curry
slimming eats recipe
Extra Easy – 1 syn per serving
Original – 1 syn per serving (without rice)
- 500g of chicken thigh (skinned and all fat removed), cut into smaller pieces
- 500g of cauliflower, broke into florets
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 sticks of celery, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon of fresh grated ginger
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, skinned and deseeded, then roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 500ml of chicken stock
- 6 cardamom pods
- 4 cloves
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- 2 teaspoons of coriander
- 2 teaspoons of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of garam masala
- 1 teaspoon of chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of all spice
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil (4 syns)
- Salt and Black Pepper
- fresh coriander to serve
Heat a large saucepan over a medium high heat, add the olive oil and then fry the onion, celery, carrots, garlic and ginger until softened.
Add all the spices, tomatoes and tomato paste and stir to evenly coat all the vegetables until you have a kind of paste like mixture.
Add the stock and place in the chicken thigh meat, bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for approx 1 hour.
Add the cauliflower half way through cooking time, you don’t want to over cook it so that it all falls to pieces, I like to have chunks of cauliflower in the curry.
Season with salt and pepper as needed and serve with some chopped coriander
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx nutritional information: