This is the Ultimate SW Bacon Cheeseburger
You know those times when you really fancy a burger? Well don't blow your syn allowance on a take out, make your own right in your home. This SW Ultimate Bacon Cheeseburger, tastes far better and you won't be left with that guilty feeling that you have ruined your day.
Well whoever said you can't eat burgers when healthy eating, was wrong. Just making a few swaps to keep it SW friendly is all you need.
For instance, swap out the usual burger bun for a HEb qualifying whole wheat roll. Keep the cheese to your recommended HEa allowance and make the burgers your self using extra lean ground beef. For the bacon, choose a lean free version, instead of the crispy streak kind (although if you want the streaky, some brands are not too bad syn wise when oven baked, so hunt around)
Then the toppings are up to you. If you are feeling really naughty you can add a fried egg for the really Ultimate SW Bacon Cheeseburger.
Then speed foods like lettuce (any variety) or spinach, onions, tomatoes, even sauteed mushrooms are great toppings for your SW Ultimate Bacon Cheeseburger.
The burgers can be formed by hand or you can use nifty burger press like this one below:
If you want chips with this Ultimate SW Bacon Cheeseburger, then serve with a my perfect syn free chips and a nice mixed salad. Personally though, I find the burger filling enough on it's own, so just with a nice mixed salad is enough for me.
For the burgers
- 300g/10.5oz of extra lean beef mince
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder or 1 fresh garlic clove (crushed)
- a few splashes of Worcestershire sauce
- salt and black pepper
For the rest
- 3 x (60g/2oz) Wholemeal Rolls (3xHEb)
- 3 slices of lean back bacon or Canadian bacon
- 3x (30g/1oz) servings of cheddar (3xHEa)
- pickles (sliced gherkin)
- 1 red onion sliced
- 3 tablespoons of ketchup (3 syns)
- 1 tomato sliced
- 3 eggs
- Add the mince, chopped onion, garlic powder, salt and black pepper and Worcestershire sauce to a bowl and bind all together
- Form into 3 equal sized patties (or use burger press)
- Preheat a George Foreman grill or grill pan.
- Add the burgers and grill until cooked through.
- You will need to add the bacon and sliced red onion to the grill pan half way through the burgers cooking time.
- When the burgers are almost done, add the cheese to each burger so that it melts on top and cook your 3 eggs on a frying pan sprayed with spray oil
- Then you can stack your burgers in the wholemeal rolls (I suggest slightly toasting your wholemeal rolls). Stack with first the lettuce, then tomato, then your bacon slices, then the burger (topped with the melted cheese), the cooked onion, pickles and finally your egg and a tablespoon of tomato ketchup.
- These are really filling just on their own so I would serve with just a mixed side salad. for your speed foods. However it goes great with SW wedges/chips too.
- Seriously these are so good. You will not be disappointed.
This recipe is Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming World - 1 HEa, 1 HEb and 1 syn per serving
WW Flex/Freestyle Smart Points - 11 per serving
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided.
Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationServing Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 495Total Fat 22.2gSaturated Fat 10.2gCholesterol 279mgSodium 935mgCarbohydrates 32.5gFiber 5.2gSugar 2.8gProtein 46.6g