Sometimes you just want some ketchup, either to dunk in those chips or to smother a bacon sarnie. Normal Ketchup is quite high in sugar and if you live in the North America area like me, most store bought is sweetened with high fructose corn syrup (nasty stuff) or full of sugar, so I wanted to make a healthier homemade version and this really does taste awesome, best of all the taste testers (my kids) loved it. So feel free to smother whatever you wish with this sweet tangy sauciness
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, Whole30, paleo, vegetarian and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
- ⅔ cup (160ml) of tomato paste
- ⅔ cup (160ml) of water
- ¼ cup (60ml) of white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- ½ tsp of onion powder
- ¼ tsp of garlic powder
- season with salt to taste
- Add all ingredients to a small saucepan, whisk all ingredients together
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 15 mins.
- Season to taste with salt
- Add to a jar or sealable bottle and store in the fridge
- You can add some cayenne or chilli powder to this for a spicy ketchup
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutrition InformationYield 15 Serving Size 1 SERVING
Amount Per Serving Calories 8Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 40mgCarbohydrates 2gFiber 0gSugar 2gProtein 0g
Nutritional information and valuesetc are an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate by the ingredients you use.