The beautiful vibrant colour of turmeric makes this delicious and healthy Golden Cauliflower Soup with Roasted Paprika Carrots
Ever heard of golden milk? A delicious comforting hot drink that is well known for it's health benefits. Combining Turmeric, cinnamon, ginger honey or maple syrup and milk (can even a use dairy free milk). It supports healthy digestion along with aiding good liver and immune system function. It sounds like a strange combination but it's actually a really lovely drink.
So with that in mind I thought why can't there be a Yummy Golden Cauliflower Soup using similar ingredients? It just seemed like a perfect combination. Finishing the soup off with those roasted paprika carrots, took it to a whole other level.
For the creaminess to the Golden Cauliflower Soup I use a little coconut milk, you really don't need much at all because blending the soup already makes it lovely and smooth, the coconut milk just adds that additional bit of silkiness and deliciousness to the flavour.
Making those roasted carrots for the topping to the Roasted Cauliflower Soup was just a genius last minute idea. Whenever I have soup, I always feel like it needs to have bread or similar with it, so including an additional ingredient like that really makes it much more exciting and filling. It doesn't have to be vegetables either, it can be lentils, rice, beans, or even some sausage, chicken etc.
To blend the Roasted Cauliflower Soup so it is nice and smooth, I use my Nutri Ninja Blender with Auto IQ. This blender is amazing. The auto IQ technology feature, mean it blends to a set pattern depending on what it is you are making. There is also an optional add-on for a food processor bowl, which is perfect for chopping and grating vegetables. Sauces and soups are literally so smooth, once complete in this amazing kitchen gadget.
Love soup recipes like this? Check out some of these other delicious soup recipes:
- Tuscan Chicken and White Bean Soup
- Carrot and Butter Bean Soup
- Spicy Chicken and Vegetable Soup
- Sweetcorn and Leek Soup
- Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- Spicy Roasted Parsnip and Sweet Potato Soup
- Spicy Carrot and Lentil Soup
- Roasted Aubergine and Tomato Soup with Parmesan Croutons
- Curried Chicken and Butternut Squash Soup
- Courgette and Yellow Split Pea Soup
- Split Pea and Bacon Soup
- Spicy Sweet Potato, Red Pepper and Carrot Soup
or head on over to my FULL RECIPE INDEX with over 800+ delicious Slimming Eats Recipes all fully searchable by meal type, ingredients etc
Got some leftover cooked chicken? Then if you are not vegetarian, this is Golden Cauliflower Soup is delicious with some roasted chicken added to the top along with the carrots, add a good source of protein and makes it feel like a complete meal.
What Kitchen Items do I need to make this Golden Cauliflower Soup?
- Measuring Jug
- Measuring Spoons
- Chopping Board
- Santoku Knife or chopping knife
- Baking Tray
- Wooden Spoon
Find me ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER | and YOUTUBE, come and follow me TO MAKE SURE YOU KEEP UP TO DATE ON ALL NEW RECIPES
You can also subscribe to Slimming Eats to keep up to date on all new recipes.
IF YOU TRY THIS RECIPE, LET US KNOW! LEAVE A COMMENT, RATE IT AND TAG US IN YOUR PHOTOS @SLIMMINGEATS ON INSTAGRAM
Golden Cauliflower Soup with Roasted Paprika Carrots
The beautiful vibrant colour from turmeric completes this delicious and healthy Golden Cauliflower Soup with Roasted Paprika Carrots
- 1 head of cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp of freshly grated ginger root
- 2 tsps of turmeric
- 1 tsp of cumin
- pinch of cayenne
- 3.5 cups of chicken or vegetable stock
- ½ cup (120ml) of light coconut milk
- salt and black pepper to taste
- cooking oil spray
- fresh chopped coriander
- For the carrots:
- 3 carrots, sliced into discs
- pinch of paprika
- sea salt
- ¼ cup of apple juice
- Preheat oven to 200c/400f
- Add the carrots to a bowl, add the paprika, salt and apple juice and toss to coat.
- Spread on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and spray over the top with cooking oil spray.
- Bake in the oven for approx 20 minus until golden and tender.
- While the carrots are roasting.
- Spray a large saucepan with cooking oil spray
- Add the onion and fry until translucent. Add in the garlic and ginger and fry for a further minute
- Add in the turmeric, cumin, and pinch of cayenne, plus a little bit of the stock and stir until well combined and almost like a paste.
- Stir in the cauliflower florets and then pour in the stock, bring to a boil and then simmer approx 15 mins until the cauliflower is soft.
- Add it all to a blender and blend until smooth
- Add back to the pan and stir in the coconut milk till creamy and smooth.
- Season as need with salt and black pepper.
- Serve topped with the roasted carrots.
Optional: add some protein to the top too like cooked chicken or chickpeas
Please see below for full nutritional info and additional details about recipe:
- Calories - scroll down to nutritional info box
- WW Points and other Slimming or Weight Loss programs - due to plans regularly changing and updating, we recommend calculating with the official tools you get as a member to those plans to ensure accuracy of values.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided at top of this post.
DO NOT COPY AND/OR PASTE FULL RECIPES OR SCREENSHOTS OF ANY CONTENT FROM SLIMMING EATS TO ANY SOCIAL MEDIA OR WEBSITE, IT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
ALL IMAGES AND CONTENT ON SLIMMING EATS ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED
Nutritional information etc are an estimate and are to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary in values from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. It is always advised that you calculate values yourself by the ingredients you use and the tools provided to you as a member of the programme you are following.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free and/or dairy-free, for example). Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 serving (with roasted paprika carrots)
Amount Per Serving Calories 111Total Fat 2.4gSaturated Fat 1.6gSodium 629mgCarbohydrates 18.6gFiber 5.6gSugar 7.9gProtein 5.8g
Vivienne Pennington says
In uk we have coconut milk that you buy in cartons like you get milk in it’s liw in syns or is it the one that comes tinned which is more syns.
Saturday, 9th November 2019
I have just made this. It is delicious Even Will, who doesn't like coconut, went back for more.