Delicious Ginger and Garlic Shrimp with Noodles ready in less than 20 minutes!
Meals do not need to be complicated or take ages to make. Delicious meals like this Ginger and Garlic Shrimp and Noodles tastes amazing and can be ready in less than 20 mins from start to finish.
You can even buy bags of frozen or fresh stir fried vegetables taking some of the prep time off your hands. I always like to have some of these on hand, either in the freezer or fridge, as you never know when a busy day might occur and you need to make something quick to avoid going off plan.
Many also turn to jarred or sachets of sauces to add flavour, but there really is not need for those, a simple flavoursome sauce can be whipped up in less than minute in your own home with a few store cupboard ingredients.
If you don't fancy Shrimp, why not try this with some chicken or Pork, you could also make this gluten free by choosing a gluten free noodle and making sure you use tamari (a gluten free soy sauce) or some coconut aminos (which is a soy free soy sauce alternative which tastes great).
Paleo, Whole30, Original or SP day? Then try this with some spiralled rutabaga (sweet) or butternut squash, it is delicious with veggie noodles. I love my vegetable spiralizer for making vegetables fun. I have one like this.
These types of vegetable spiralizers are the best, as they will spiral a variety of different vegetables, some smaller handheld ones will only spiral stick shaped vegetables like carrots or zucchini (courgette), so you are limited in vegetable choices.
Looking for some other noodle dishes? Then take a look at these: Delicious Noodle Recipes
- 200g/7oz of raw large prawns/shrimp (defrosted)
- 2 cups (480ml) of shredded veg (I use half a bag of stir fry mix
- 1 cup (240ml) of sugar snap peas
- 1 teaspoon of fresh grated ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 4 teaspoons of light soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- ¼ teaspoon of chinese five spice
- 125g/4.5oz dry noodles (can use a gluten free variety or spiralled vegetables)
- spray oil
- black pepper
- optional: spring onions, finely chopped
- Cook the noodles according to packet instructions, set aside.
- In a bowl add the soy sauce, ginger and garlic and chinese five spice
- Spray a large wok with some spray oil
- Add the vegetables and stir fry for 3-4 mins until tender, remove and set aside.
- Add the shrimp (prawns) and sauce and stir fry for a few minutes, until prawns are cooked.
- Return veg to the pan, along with noodles and toss all together.
- Season with a little black pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!!
- optional: top with sliced spring onion
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, paleo, Whole30, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy - syn free per serving
- Original/SP/Paleo/Whole30 - syn free per serving (use spiralled vegetables instead of noodles)
- WW Smart Points - 9 per serving
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 445Total Fat 2.5gSaturated Fat 0.4gCholesterol 152mgSodium 2209.7mgCarbohydrates 70.1gFiber 7.3gSugar 3.3gProtein 32.9g